• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX / Roadrunner V21 hood stripes

resq302

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
Is there some kind of a engineers diagram or someone have original pics of how the hood stripes were put on the 69 GTX and Roadrunners? Did they have a hard paint line or was it a soft paint edge down into the fenders and around the back edge of the hood down into the engine compartment? Also, what are the correct width of the stripes?

I know the paint was the textured organisol and had to be put on in ( I think) a cross hatch type pattern.

I've seen that but it does not mention if it has a hard paint line or a soft paint line where it goes into the gap of the engine compartment / fender.

someone had sent me a pic of a survivor car that had the V21 hood stripe on it and it had a soft paint line in the jambs of the hood to cowl and hood to fenders. Only hard paint line was where the edge of the stripe was on the body color.

Auto Transport Service
Back