• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 GTX Trunk Trim Plate

HWY100

Local time
9:50 AM
Reaction score
Where have other 69 X owners gone for a worth while replacement for a non restorable plate?

I’ve used a few of the OER ones for my restorations sold through Classic Industries part number MN1463. Their not bad, have to drill the two holes to mount the GTX emblem.

About the only option out there.

I picked this one up in the swap meet at Carlisle a few years ago.

56AC793C-988A-4079-AB63-429136106937.jpeg

i have one i will look what shape it is in and let you know

I’ve used a few of the OER ones for my restorations sold through Classic Industries part number MN1463. Their not bad, have to drill the two holes to mount the GTX emblem.

How was the fit. This is the company I was referring to that had issues with their fit. I called them and they admitted to fitment issues so they have stopped production until they could figure out the issues driving the problem. They had no expected date for production to begin again.

How was the fit. This is the company I was referring to that had issues with their fit. I called them and they admitted to fitment issues so they have stopped production until they could figure out the issues driving the problem. They had no expected date for production to begin again.

I bought two of the panels when OER first released them probably 3-4 years ago and immediately installed them onto cars. The fit was acceptable so I ordered two more to have in inventory for my shop. The parts I bought, fit was good but they do stick out just a little bit on the ends (very small gap between panel and trunk lid) and you can't tighten very much to pull down the ends or you'll crack the panel in the center. I've seen this same problem (small gap on ends) with re-chromed original panels.

Haven't bought any more since then and wasn't aware they had a quality problem. Wonder if they changed suppliers or something later on in production?

Auto Transport Service
Back