• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 69 Plymouth Sport Satellite Wagon w/440

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelSolid

Local time
2:22 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Ext_1.jpg
Ext_2.jpg
Engine_1.jpg

I have been working on this car for the last 7 years but I cant keep doing it due to outside circumstances so I have to let it go before I have had a chance to finish it completely. It runs great and is reliable, but it still need the interior done, otherwise it is in great shape. Since it has lived it's entire life in the western states, it is one of the rare Mopars that doesn't have any significant body or floorboard rot.

Check out the full album with over 100 hi-res pictures, It's all there, the good, bad and ugly. Specifically check out the detail shots I took of the super solid floorboards when the carpet was removed. Hint: they look nothing like some of the shells currently available for restoration!

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/vaRA4cfAxxBFmTQtTyyVFfsoQKvQLj89ZmRM8wIkIvp

Here are the details on the car as it sits right now.

440/727 combo with buckets, Console, and Power Steering!
Clean CA Title, Registration valid through January 2018
VIN: RP46G9G288827
Odometer says 52k miles but I have always assumed that it has rolled over once so the current mileage is ~ 152k

All "New" parts have been added over the last couple years and less than 1,000 miles ago

ENGINE
  • Early 70's 440 (unknown mileage, not the original engine)
  • New Holley 770 CFM Street Avenger carb
  • New Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold
  • New Comp camshaft & lifters (CCL21-305-4, 0.464", 268°/276°, 110°)
  • New Melling High Pressure Oil Pump (M63HP)
  • New oil pan & pickup
  • New timing chain
  • New MP valve covers
  • Mopar Dual-Snorkel air cleaner
  • New mini-starter
  • New water pump
  • New Firecore50 wire set
  • New motor mounts
  • New hooker competition headers
  • New TTI dual exhaust kit
  • New 26" radiator & shroud
  • All new belts/hoses etc...
Overall the engine bay looks great

SUSPENSION
  • New upper A arms
  • New lower front bushings
  • New tie rods
  • New shocks all around
  • New MP torsion bars (P5249158)
  • New MP rear leaf springs (P4452982, P4452983)

WHEELS/TIRES/BRAKES
  • New front brakes
  • New front brake lines
  • Firestone Indy500 tires with about 1000 miles on them from new.
  • Front P255/60R15 on 7" wide rim with dog dish hubcaps
  • Rear P295/50R15 on 8" wide rim with dog dish hubcaps

BODY
  • Decent paint (it's a 10-footer) and it's not perfect by any measure.
  • Really straight body
  • Some rust bubbling at the passenger side lower corner of the windshield and in the lower rear right side
  • Re-chromed stock bumpers, front and back.
  • Front grill/bumper/fenders/hood area is extremely nice
  • Needs antenna
  • Gas tank removed and acid dipped

INTERIOR
  • Mopar center console & floor shifter
  • New SW oil pressure and water temp gauges
  • New carpet
  • Mopar bucket seats in the front but they are not the correct ones for the car
  • Rear facing 3rd row seat (nauseating for adults, epic for kids)
The interior is unfinished. It really needs door panels, headliner, door hardware & rubber etc... I have done some work on the dash but I really was just starting on the interior and it's current state was what I did to make the car daily drivable while I worked on the engine bay and other things. Consequently, the dash electronics are hit and miss. The speedo works, odometer works, fuel gauge works, OEM temp gauge doesn't, and rear window switch doesn't work on the dash, works at the gate only. No heater control because stuff was disconnected under the dash at some point. Radio doesn't work at all.

OVERALL
This is a NOT a numbers matching car nor is it anything like it left the factory. It’s not even close to perfect, if you are looking for that then this is not the car for you. It still needs lots of work but it’s a fun, essentially rot-free muscle car that gets all sorts of looks and that you can pile the kids in and go get ice cream on the weekend.

The car has many mismatched parts that would drive a Mopar stickler insane (the dual snorkel air cleaner is from a 1970, OMG!) but it looks greats and is a riot to own and drive which is the only thing that mattered to me. And it does smoky burnouts which is important as well. It’s the perfect Family project car. It’s just enough like a Roadrunner that people love it but then it’s a wagon and that makes it cool.

WHATS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THE CAR RIGHT NOW ???
On startup, when the motor is cold and running rough, the driver side header knocks against the torsion bar, making an annoying racket. Once the engine warms up and runs normal, it stops. The header needs to be removed and the offending area "persuaded" to give the bar some clearance (damned Hooker headers!)

IS THAT IT?
Not hardly. While it does have a pretty healthy 440 in it, all it has to stop you is 4 wheel manual drum brakes. I really recommend upgrading those things. It also has a little more body roll in the turns than I would like, and by a little, I mean "holy crap were gonna tip over" levels of body roll that were apparently acceptable in the late 60's. If you are thinking about summer cruises to the beach then I would invest in at least one good anti-roll bar to keep everything fun and not so "white knuckle".

It also needs a repair on the right rear door where the door latch mounting holes are cracking and allowing the mechanism to move. I believe it can be repaired fairly easily but I haven't done it. See pics.

I can answer most questions about the car but i'm not an expert. If you are not local, I can assist with getting it to a shop of your choosing for a 3rd party mechanical inspection and can assist with meeting your shipper of choice.

Asking $12,400 OBO SALE PENDING

Ext_8.jpg
Front_1.jpg
Floorpan_Driver.JPG
Dash_1.jpg
Under_3.jpg
Console_1.jpg

Last edited:
Obligatory MOPAR geeking out over the VIN and Body tag decoding:

vin.jpg

VIN: RP46G9G288827
R = Plymouth Belvedere, Satellite ("B" body)
P = Premium Price Class
4 = 4 Door
6 = 9 pass wagon with 3rd row seat
G = 383 8-Cylinder "B" engine
9 = 1969
G = St. Louis, Missouri
288827 = Sequence number

bodytag.jpg

NOTE: This is how the car was supposedly built, not how it is now.

E61 = 383-2 Barrel (replaced with 440 4bbl)
D32 = H-D A-727 TorqueFlite Trans
RP46 = Plymouth Satellite Premium 9 Pass Wagon
G9G = 383 290HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL, 1969, St. Louis
288827 = Sequence Number

F5 = Exterior Paint Limelight Metallic
F5 = Interior Paint Limelight Metallic
P2G = Premium Vinyl Bench Seat, Green (replaced with Buckets + console)
F8 = Ivy Green Metallic
613 = Date Built: 6 / 13 / 1969
406040 = Vehicle Order Number

B51 = Power Assisted Brakes (nope, they are manual)
G33 = OS LH Remote Standard Mirror (its manual now)
H51 = Air Conditioning (nope, I wish it had A/C)
M21 = Roof drip rail moldings
M91 = Luggage Rack
P35 = Power Tailgate Window

R11 = Music Master AM Radio
26 = 26 inch Radiator

Last edited:
Looks like the factory put a build sheet from a different car in your car at the factory. Sheet doesn't match your car.

Super cool wagon. Wish I was closer.

Looks like the factory put a build sheet from a different car in your car at the factory. Sheet doesn't match your car.

Super cool wagon. Wish I was closer.
Oh my god, you are right!

I pulled that thing out from inside the rear seat bottom myself. I never even considered that it wasn't for this car. I wonder if someone swapped the rear seat cushion back in the day???

Oh well, I never relied on it, I used the fender tag because that was always right there.

I will pull down the broadcasts sheet to keep the confusion to a minimum.

Thanks for the catch!

From what I understand it wasn't uncommon for the assembly line workers to do that. Wrong sheets in the wrong car.

Check behind the glove box and under the carpet for others. The right one might still be with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back