• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 ramcharger air box ?

Aarons Air

Local time
10:02 PM
Reaction score
I'm building/restoring a 69 ramcharger air box for a n96 hood. I've seen ads for hardware. They typically have the screws, unuts, and rivets. But the few i've seen in person had bolts holding them to the hood as well. Are the bolts correct ? Or are they a replacement for the rivets ? Also, all the pics i've seen are too fuzzy when blown up, to tell which go where. If someone could post a pic or explain what hardware ia used where, i'd be very thankful !

I believe 69 was rivets and 70 was bolts.

'69 should be rivets to the hood, as shown below. Don't know about '70's, don't own one.

P4060005.JPG

Would you believe rivets and screws both? Screws are on the side edges closest to the fenders.

Would you believe rivets and screws both? Screws are on the side edges closest to the fenders.
Yes, it was the bolt thing that threw me. I didn't realise bolts were for 70. None of the hardware kits i've seen had bolts. Also some kits have 10 rivets, some have 12.

I bought the hardware kit for my car with the air cleaner seal and it didn't come with the rivets so I had to order them separate, they only come in a bag of 100. So I have a few extra. Didn't know about the bolts in 70 thing either, but the induction is also different so never paid it any mind anyway.

I bought the hardware kit for my car with the air cleaner seal and it didn't come with the rivets so I had to order them separate, they only come in a bag of 100. So I have a few extra. Didn't know about the bolts in 70 thing either, but the induction is also different so never paid it any mind anyway.
The induction is different between 69 & 70 ? I thought the only difference was the color of the box.

The induction is different between 69 & 70 ? I thought the only difference was the color of the box.
I believe that you are correct, with the exception of the indentation on the driver's side of airbox for clearance of the brake M/C on HEMI cars.

Auto Transport Service
Back