• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 road runner shocks recommendation?

paladin06

Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
The shocks on my road runner have some float and I want to replace them with a GOOD set of gas shocks. What do folks recommend?

My opinion would be either KYB or Bilsteins

Thanks
James

I run KYB's on mine.

Let us know how they are. I had the same idea but went with the kyb's

Folks the Bilsteins are AWESOME!!!! Best money spent on the car yet..

That's what i'm planning on using too. How would you describe the ride before and after .. what sticks out as the biggest difference in the ride?

The car had a lot of bounce, you know float. Now it's very firm and feels solid. Zero float or bounce.

Thanks and I'm glad you are happy with them. I'll find out eventually too

How do the Bilsteins react when you nail it from a dead stop with a 440? Is the traction good? I'm also considering the Bilsteins at least for the front end, but was considering the adjustable Cal Tracs for the rear end.

I have a 4 speed with a 3:90 rear. She locks up AWESOME. I love it.

How do the Bilsteins react when you nail it from a dead stop with a 440? Is the traction good? I'm also considering the Bilsteins at least for the front end, but was considering the adjustable Cal Tracs for the rear end.

Just placed an order with PST for the Bilsteins all around.

All I can say is... "YOU BASTARDS!!" lol!! Shocks weren't even on my radar but I've re-read this thread several times and now I'm really wanting to swap mine out for a set of Bilsteins! Obviously I'll go through PST but are there ever any better offerings than our members 10%? through email flyer or anything? If there is I would hold out

Bilsteins all the way around. They seem to like the smokey launches. Got mine from Hotchkis, supposed to be "tuned for my app. Love em. I guess you could call it more like a modern car handling, high speed romps on ramps are not scary now. Quiet and compliant. I remember emailing Hotchkis and they replied with a code to get a 10% Discount.

Refresh my Memory Dennis do you have other suspension upgrades or did you just change the shocks and notice that big of a difference?

I'm dumping all the old rubber bushings and going poly. Sway bar, links, upper and lower control arm bumpers done. Leaf springs next.

Sorry paladin but hopefully in the spirit of where this is going. Do any new, well handling, cars use poly suspension components?

And by new I mean modern cars being produced now

Auto Transport Service
Back