• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Road Runner - Steve Magnante

Looked like a huge door gap on the front edge lol

Colorblind? What is he smoking before this was filmed?

1968 engine is Turquoise, not blue! The problem with calling turquoise blue is they have blue engines also.

W1 where he is pointing is the Upper door frame paint.
Wheels aren’t on the fender tag.

where is the tan on the RR decal?

E803372C-5D45-49DF-9C91-A6A8C1B9194D.jpeg

Last edited:
1968 engine is Turquoise, not blue!
Well, a lot of people call the turquoise color blue or light blue or blue/green. I have a truck that is emerald green and most call it dark blue. Even cops lol

I saw a different version of this car that he did. This is a it picking thing but the Bird placement on the drivers side is placed too low. And on both videos he said the fee Chrysler paid to Warner Bros was $10,000 for rights to use the Road Runner name. Wasn't it $50,000.

Same showroom as his "original 340" Duster sham. Him and Galen just need to go off drinking together and never come back...

Steve Mags is kind of an all muscle car journalist, and writer. He doesn’t always get everything right but I like his enthusiasm.

I saw a different version of this car that he did. This is a it picking thing but the Bird placement on the drivers side is placed too low. And on both videos he said the fee Chrysler paid to Warner Bros was $10,000 for rights to use the Road Runner name. Wasn't it $50,000.
They didn't pay anything to use the road runner name, Warner Bros. didn't own the name. They paid for the rights to use the cartoon character.

Here's what the internet says:

"It was Gordon Cherry who came up with the idea of using the Road Runner cartoon bird with Plymouth car. Cherry got the idea from watching the cartoon character on Saturday mornings with his kids. Bob Anderson, executive vice president of sales and marketing for Chrysler and Plymouth, wanted a car that would appeal to younger drivers, and most importantly, compete with the popular Ford Mustang. Cherry had explained his idea to Smith, who immediately came up with a presentation and proposal to use the animated Road Runner to represent the mid-size Plymouth. Chrysler leadership approved the idea, and Smith secured the rights to use the Road Runner character from Warner Brothers for $50,000. Another $10,000 was spent to create the iconic Plymouth car horn that goes “Beep Beep.”"

https://www.motorcities.org/story-o...smith-the-man-behind-the-plymouth-road-runner

Same showroom as his "original 340" Duster sham. Him and Galen just need to go off drinking together and never come back...
Gah !!..that vid has a lot of misinformation...ty for waking us up btw @dadsbee
hes shilling for this company now.
dunno if galens involved or not i did ask him that question.
https://www.facebook.com/HighOctanePerformanceCars/
from the comments section " been by that place in Auburn many times but yet to stop and check out the cars there. Thanks for the info on the Road Runner Steve! "
141 Washington St. Auburn, MA 01501

Does he really have to put his grubby little hands and put fingerprints all over that clean beautiful car?
Apparently so!

Whenever Uncle Tony has Steve Mags on... it’s a great podcast!

Tough crowd...

I'd drive the piss out of it...
& have the top down having fun

I like Steve’s enthusiasm. He can be hard to watch though. His spastic movements and expressions can be distracting.
He did ruin his credibility with that video of the Duster. It was clear that car was a fake.

Auto Transport Service
Back