• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 road runner throttle/kick down brackets/rods etc ?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Need someone to tell me or post pics of what should be on a 69 road runner. And....this also has a 440 4 bbl in it instead of a 383. It also has a Demon carb and an Eddy RPM intake. The stuff on it already looks like a cluster fork and would like to make it more closer to right without having to cob up original parts and make the trans shift right.

This may not help...but my 440/demon/rpm combo needed a longer throttle cable, taller brackets etc mostly due to the intake. I only had a small-block kickdown and it was a no-go. I gave in a just went with Lokar for both and have been happy with the performance AND appearance.

Here's one using Mancini's tall brackets
performer_rpm_kd_installed.jpg

A picture from my old Koller Resto book if it helps...………
upload_2018-6-17_20-38-31.png

If you're planning to stick with the rod style kick-down (and not go Lokar) you'll also need an extension on the intermediate rod. Edelbrock part # 8003.
I've got the same intake on my 383.

Auto Transport Service
Back