• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner 69 1/2??

animosity667

Local time
1:13 PM
Reaction score
I have a lynch road 69 Plymouth Roadrunner its has the original (R4) performance red paint...... IS IT A 69 1/2????... Because the only r4 i have ever seen are 69 1/2 440 six packs but mine is a 383... please help!!

Mid year colors were offered on other mid year 383 cars as well.It could have been built mid year and still have been equiped with a 383.The M code is the valuble mid year Road Runner. Jim

It could have been a build early, mid year build or the last in line, and could have been sprayed a mid year color or any other color under the rainbow, if it's a 383 it's a 69,
The color of a car doesn't make it a 69 or a 69 1/2 ,

However the particular version of the car does make a difference, Road Runners were available in 69, Six barrel cars were not, They didn't become available till mid year, therefore All Road Runners built in the 69 model year are 1969 models with the exception of the Six Barrel Runners , All of these are 69 1/2 models regardless of color. The same goes for the 69 1/2 Dodge Six Pack Super Bee.

My 69 RR is R4 and it's not an A12 6 pack car.

It could have been a build early, mid year build or the last in line, and could have been sprayed a mid year color or any other color under the rainbow, if it's a 383 it's a 69,
The color of a car doesn't make it a 69 or a 69 1/2 ,

However the particular version of the car does make a difference, Road Runners were available in 69, Six barrel cars were not, They didn't become available till mid year, therefore All Road Runners built in the 69 model year are 1969 models with the exception of the Six Barrel Runners , All of these are 69 1/2 models regardless of color. The same goes for the 69 1/2 Dodge Six Pack Super Bee.

I think you are confusing people here with the 1969 and 69 1/2 thing.

Using your info above one would have to think that any 1969 RR built after the intro of the six barrel would be a 69 1/2 regardless of engine.

There really is no such thing as a 69 1/2 model. It is something that the hobby "made up." You will never see the manufacturer refer to them that way and you will never see one titled that way. They are simply a late year release, meaning released anytime AFTER the offical new car introduction date of October 1, 1968.

It is real simple to determine if it is an original 1969 six barrel car. The 5th digit in the V.I.N. will be M.

What Darryl said. There is no such thing as a 69 1/2. After the mid year colors were introduced any runner (or Bee or whatever) could have been had in that color. Just like the M codes were originally meant to be only in the mid year colors but weren't. My (ex) M code (Bambi the M code stripper) is a B5 car.

After the mid year colors were introduced any runner (or Bee or whatever) could have been had in that color.

I think it depends on the color in question.

Has anyone ever seen a Non A12 Bee or 'whatever' in Butterscotch?

here is one i took a picture of in may , at a car show in branson missouri

P5080052dc.JPG

I remember seeing a 69 383 Bee painted Butterscotch years ago, It was a local to the area, kind of makes me wonder what ever happened to it.

Here is a copy and paste from another web site. This was posted by member Doug Hammer who does and has a lot of research material on 1969 Mopars.

The thing I like about Doug is that he doesn't just make a statement about a controvesial subject and expect you to take it as gosspil, but backs it up with facts. I wish more in the hobby would do this.

F6 was released in November: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/TSBs/1969/D69-23-9.jpg

A May TSB talks about V2 and "Bahama Yellow" for Dodges but I've seen a mid March V2 car. http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/TSBs/1969/D69-23-20.jpg

R4, Rallye Green and Bahama Yellow in late January/early February (?) http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/PIBs/1969/pib_9_page2.jpg

K2 about 2/1/69 http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/TSBs/1969/69-23-18.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back