• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RoadRunner Dash Ashtray Repop Review

chtampa

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I have had two of these $125 repop pull-down dash ashtrays and both were never opened until they each did the Christine thing and just fell on the floor. One at a car show, the other was waiting for me when we moved the car out of the garage. The little bent spring clip on top is too brittle and just breaks. The first was replaced by the seller, but I'm not even going to bother putting third one on my car. I give this little item One Star, it looks great on the shelf, but that is where it needs to stay. Shelf Candy. I am sending a decent OEM one to the plater tomorrow and swap it out.

Chtampa ....I had the same problem....mine broke as well......solved the problem so far by taking the nice used catch off of the old one ....and re riveting it to the new ashtray housing ..... apparently old Detroit spring steel much better than Chinese new .... working good so far thanks

The trouble with the Chinese spring steel, is that the Chinese thinks it lives in New Jersey and plays guitar. :rolleyes:

Chtampa ....I had the same problem....mine broke as well......solved the problem so far by taking the nice used catch off of the old one ....and re riveting it to the new ashtray housing ..... apparently old Detroit spring steel much better than Chinese new .... working good so far thanks
I was going to do that but the one i had saved was so nice that I soaked it in acid for a little bit and I couldn't bear to take it apart.

Auto Transport Service
Back