• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner grille

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:25 PM
Reaction score
Here is a grille that I just finished for MoparBill. It turned out fantastic and was the first roadrunner grille that I have done. One word of caution, the textured dark argent paint is really pricy....got it from totally auto, but it is perfect unlike some of the paints that are available.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 616
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 648
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 748
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 602
Well, MoparBill should get his grille early next week. Hopefully he will come on here and pst his thoughts......good or bad!!

I can't wait to see it! I couldn't be happier so far, and if it turned out as nice as other grilles you've done it will be a great deal. I'll definitely post how I feel about the final results.

MoparBill got his grille yesterday and I'm sure will post his thoughts on it.

What did you do to the aluminum surface that is not painted?

Polished the **** out of it, lol!! Honestly, all the bare aluminum is polished, then they are masked off, the black is painted and then the textured dark argent is painted. If ya do it right, it comes out really nice with minimal clean up.

I would like to try another sometime, it was different, and fun at the same time.

Is the Totaly Auto paint close enough that I could not do my grill? My grill is good but the argent was removed from the headlight bezels.yours looks great!

From what I understand, Totally Auto is the only place that makes the correct textured dark argent paint. It is pricey, 24 bucks a can!!!

Thanks for the compliment, but I just refinished the grille. It belongs to member MoparBill.

OK...moparbill, how does the grill match up to your bezels?

I should have said that I did both the grille and headlight bezels, so the paint used on both is the same.

so is one can enough, or did it take more to do all?
thanks!

1 can did everything, and there was leftover.

The grill looks FANTASTIC! I can't wait to put it in the car! I know they make repops, but nothing fits like OEM. 5.7HEMI did a great job, was super nice to deal with, and got the grill done very quickly. I would highlt recommend his services to anyone. Wouldn't you rather give your money to a MoPar guy to get your OEM grill restored that give it to a stranger for a chinese grill??

@Basketcase- the dark argent is damn close to original-I compared it to a spare grill and I can't tell the difference

Looks awesome guys. Congrats Bill and nicely done 5.7! Can we see some before and after pics and did you have to fix any ow-ies 5.7?

I think I have some on my phone, but with a generic calling plan, posting them on here is impossible.

There were a few boo boo's, but overall, it was in pretty damn nice condition.

Looks great! Good to know about the paint...

Auto Transport Service
Back