• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 roadrunner side pinstripe?

spoolinhard

Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
I found the remenants of a pinstripe on the side of my roadrunner. It is the dual pinstripe, both of them are fairly wide, and the meet eachother to a point at the front and rear. Is this rare? Also can I find the code for these on the fender tag, as I dont have the broadcast sheet?
thanks
-Kaleb

This is a harder to find option.I believe the fender tag code is V6X for a black stripe and V6W for a white stripe.I have seen the stripe in red and green over the years also.

This is a harder to find option.I believe the fender tag code is V6X for a black stripe and V6W for a white stripe.I have seen the stripe in red and green over the years also.

my fender tag is coded for a side stripe I have just never known what stripe it is .

P9180044.JPG

V7X Accent stripes longitudinal paint black
V21 Hood performance stripes
V02 Paint two tone

Spring special packages would have the double wide stripe as part of that package. code would be a-14 with a vinyl top or a-15 with out the vinyl top. Package included hood performance stripes, magnum 500 rims, body belt moldings, and I think a sure grip but not sure on that.

V7X Accent stripes longitudinal paint black
V21 Hood performance stripes
V02 Paint two tone

V7* is a accent stripe, this was a 1/8 painted siingle stripe, while the others were V6* or V8*. The * decodes the color of the stripe, popular ones are X=black, W=white, R=red

There were only 2 Pinstripe TAPE colors offered from Chrysler on the 69 RR
Both were REFLECTIVE, code V6W was the White Reflective dual sport stripe color and V6R was the Red Reflective. Black was NOT offered from Chrysler, only from the aftermarket stripe cutters.

Below is an example of the V6W factory original white reflective dual sports stripe- this option was also part of the A15 Spring Special option on this car.

http://www.quicksilverdiecast.com/servlet/the-7116/1969-Road-Runner/Detail

V7X code would have been a Black painted upper body pinstripe option

my fender tag is coded for a side stripe I have just never known what stripe it is .

I have a question after reading your fender tag. Was your car painted R4 Red lower body with a Black painted roof? X9? as indicated by the v02 code. I have a seen lot of tags and never seen a 69 RR with this combo?
Any pictures of the car? Would like to see, has to be very rare and neat! Thanks

I have a question after reading your fender tag. Was your car painted R4 Red lower body with a Black painted roof? X9? as indicated by the v02 code. I have a seen lot of tags and never seen a 69 RR with this combo?
Any pictures of the car? Would like to see, has to be very rare and neat! Thanks

yes my car originally has a gloss black painted top , I will someday put it back that way , back in 84 when I bought it I was young and dumb ? I had no idea about fender tags and rare options , it had top trim and a black top and the rest of the body was primer . So i figured it needed a vinyl top , stupid me.
anyone have a picture of what this painted on stripe should look like ?

my kidsdc69dc.jpg

yes my car originally has a gloss black painted top , I will someday put it back that way , back in 84 when I bought it I was young and dumb ? I had no idea about fender tags and rare options , it had top trim and a black top and the rest of the body was primer . So i figured it needed a vinyl top , stupid me.
anyone have a picture of what this painted on stripe should look like ?

If your car is R6 red then it is pretty much identical to mine.
R6 with dual blackouts on hood, bench seat column shift with black vinyl top and reflective white side pinstripe.

There were only 2 Pinstripe TAPE colors offered from Chrysler on the 69 RR
Both were REFLECTIVE, code V6W was the White Reflective dual sport stripe color and V6R was the Red Reflective. Black was NOT offered from Chrysler, only from the aftermarket stripe cutters.

Below is an example of the V6W factory original white reflective dual sports stripe- this option was also part of the A15 Spring Special option on this car.

http://www.quicksilverdiecast.com/servlet/the-7116/1969-Road-Runner/Detail

V7X code would have been a Black painted upper body pinstripe option

There were reflective, V6*, and non reflective, V8#, tape on stripes avalible. Both are in the dealer handbook with white, black and red offered. I guess it's possible some were added at the dealer but they were offered on new 69's
Accent stripes, V7*, were 1/8 painted on.
Here's a pic of my 68 in 1973 with the org accent stripe.

rr 006 - Copy.JPG

Here are some pic's of another members car @ another site. The org accent stripe on my car was 1" below the body line and followed the body line all the way back at the 1" below. This member stated the same about his car when we had talked.

a stripe.jpg

a stripe 1.jpg

There were reflective, V6*, and non reflective, V8#, tape on stripes avalible. Both are in the dealer handbook with white, black and red offered. I guess it's possible some were added at the dealer but they were offered on new 69's
Accent stripes, V7*, were 1/8 painted on.

Interesting about the V8* stripe on a 69 RR. Do you have a source for that info?

69_Plymouth_Stripes_edited_600.jpg

that will take a steady hand to get painted:grin::grin::grin: its just one long stripe right not the upper and lower dual pin stripes my eyes are bad and that picture is fussy

Not really. They were put on with a Beuller striping tool and i believe it is still available. If I remember correctly they had a tracking wheel that followed the edge of the fender.
There was a pinstriper in Mesa AZ. that did them by hand and it was amazing what some of those artistic guys can do. I would never attempt to free hand one myself.

Auto Transport Service
Back