• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Roadrunner

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Working on a new to me 69 Roadrunner, 2 door hardtop. Door windows are tight. Problem is the chrome strips running down the back of the door windows are all beat up, not the same contour as the track inside the door. The tracks are in good condition. Not sure what to call these chrome strips, but where do I get a new set or what are they called so I might have success searching? .....any help would be appreciated...thanks

window separator.jpg

roadrunner.jpg

Last edited:
We like pictures, it helps us know what you are needing.

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

Welcome and nice car. I think those are called door glass moldings or trim.

Welcome to FBBO from western NY!

Nice looking Roadrunner. Can you tell us a little more about it?

Yeah ... 'cause I live 10 kms away and I've never seen it before !!

Welcome from Missouri!!

Yeah ... 'cause I live 10 kms away and I've never seen it before !!
I guess I don't get out much. Bought it from a guy in TN last summer, put together (poorly) and supposedly never driven. I believe it cause it was undriveable for sure. None of the windows worked, brakes didn't work, front end assembled hand tight, steering box almost fell off, still has a lot of issues, working through them slowly. I figured it had all the good parts, I'd fill in the blanks, but some stuff getting hard to find. I haven't found out what these strips are called, but I'm told by about 4 people in the know that they aren't available and no one makes repros so I'll keep searching for used and meanwhile try and hammer the old ones straight enough to work.

I guess I don't get out much. Bought it from a guy in TN last summer, put together (poorly) and supposedly never driven. I believe it cause it was undriveable for sure. None of the windows worked, brakes didn't work, front end assembled hand tight, steering box almost fell off, still has a lot of issues, working through them slowly. I figured it had all the good parts, I'd fill in the blanks, but some stuff getting hard to find. I haven't found out what these strips are called, but I'm told by about 4 people in the know that they aren't available and no one makes repros so I'll keep searching for used and meanwhile try and hammer the old ones straight enough to work.
I gave you a link in post #12 to a pair of door glass with the trim on it... up on Manitoulin, looks like just South of Little Current. I would have already made the drive....you sure won't be tomorrow!

I would have already made the drive....you sure won't be tomorrow!
Pfft, I was born and raised in Montreal ... this is nothing !!

FWIW, I think those could be found closer to home. Sounds to me like its not a priority at the moment. And there's the Mopar swapmeet in Detroit on Feb 5th.

Pfft, I was born and raised in Montreal ... this is nothing !!
I grew up in Sin City (Smiths Falls) we took the car on summer bias plies to the ski hills before they plowed the roads! I'm not worried about my driving, it's the others on the road. Blizzard conditions start here in Midland just after lunch, 3cm/hour and 80K wind.

I grew up in Sin City (Smiths Falls) we took the car on summer bias plies to the ski hills before they plowed the roads! I'm not worried about my driving, it's the others on the road. Blizzard conditions start here in Midland just after lunch, 3cm/hour and 80K wind.
And here I am out back in my undies sipping on an ice-cold drink getting ready to dive into the pool.

Welcome from New Zealand

Auto Transport Service
Back