• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR, 383 auto - which Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers fit?

skingjack

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
There is nothing definitive muffler-wise showing on the dynomax site nor the TTI website (which has the option to purchase a complete kit including said mufflers however they do not include a part # for the mufflers in the 2.5' kit).

Thanks in advance.

Jack

Generally the oval-case style fit fine on our cars, pipe diameter is the most important. Pipes can be shortened or extended to fit the case length you choose. If you are fitting them to an existing system you'll have to measure to see where they'll sit.
Check out summit for the different sizes, they list dimensions and have free shipping..

Mine have an offset inlet and center outlet, if that helps any.

the dynomax super hemi turbos are nearly identical in external dimensions to the factory 440/hemi muffler. I think they can be had in 2 1/2" and 2 1/4". I've used the 2 1/2" a couple times and they fit a '69 b-body nicely.

Thanks all for the replies! Ordering up some very, very soon. Rod440, can I ask if your purchased your kit thru TTI directly or did you go thru a 3rd party?

Jack

Thanks all for the replies! Ordering up some very, very soon. Rod440, can I ask if your purchased your kit thru TTI directly or did you go thru a 3rd party?

Jack
Jack I ordered mine through chicago connection..good service, good price, and fast free shipping ( they all drop-ship directly from TTI anyway)...and I'm about 5 hrs north of TTI, but to order direct would have taken longer and cost more go figure...

There is nothing definitive muffler-wise showing on the dynomax site nor the TTI website (which has the option to purchase a complete kit including said mufflers however they do not include a part # for the mufflers in the 2.5' kit).

Thanks in advance.

Jack
How did you choose the Dyno Max Super Turbo? I am considering those for my stock 318.
Dyno Max is sold by O'Rileys and NAPA in my area. If they don't have in stock, can get them next day.............................MO

Jack
Jack, same as Beanhead,Chicago Connection,I bought it about six weeks ago,they told me a price increase was coming soon,I think I paid $641 + 12 bucks for handling & like Beanhead said,good service,price & free shipping.

Cornpatch MO,

I chose the super turbo version as everything I've read is that they are relatively quiet and drone free yet perform well when the pedal is to the metal- these are qualities that are important to me (especially drone). Maybe the other participants can chime in on their observations. Napa pricing is out of the question here in the great white north- they want $155 cdn for a muffler alone...
Jack

cc: Rod440- was your TTI package an h or x crossover version? Reason I ask is that apparently the x version is not compatible with the gear vendor OD that might be in my future next winter.

Cornpatch MO,

I chose the super turbo version as everything I've read is that they are relatively quiet and drone free yet perform well when the pedal is to the metal- these are qualities that are important to me (especially drone). Maybe the other participants can chime in on their observations. Napa pricing is out of the question here in the great white north- they want $155 cdn for a muffler alone...
Jack

cc: Rod440- was your TTI package an h or x crossover version? Reason I ask is that apparently the x version is not compatible with the gear vendor OD that might be in my future next winter.
Your reasons are the same as what I am looking for.

Napa here said Dyno Max was same as Walker. $100 each and have to order, So that would be a wait, and get charged shipping. No thanks. O' Riley said $73 and get them over-night. ..........................MO

Cornpatch MO,

Jack

Jack,I bought the 2 1/2" H pipe system to fit the stock HP manifolds , I have an X system on another car but I prefer the sound of the H , as far as performance I can't tell the difference between an X,H, or no crossover at all in my experience (other than sound).

Your reasons are the same as what I am looking for.

Napa here said Dyno Max was same as Walker. $100 each and have to order, So that would be a wait, and get charged shipping. No thanks. O' Riley said $73 and get them over-night. ..........................MO
Cornpatch,you should check out Summit Racing,$112 for a pair to your door. They ship fast & in my experience they have excellent (the best!) customer service.

Thanks in advance.

Jack
When I went to the tti site for an assist on doing my own exhaust system on my car, I looked up the part number next to the muffler. Both the 2-122 & 3 inch systems had the numbers next to the muffler.

Jack,I bought the 2 1/2" H pipe system to fit the stock HP manifolds , I have an X system on another car but I prefer the sound of the H , as far as performance I can't tell the difference between an X,H, or no crossover at all in my experience (other than sound).
Can you describe the difference in sound between an X pipe and a H pipe? ie: louder , quieter, mellower, deeper, tinney, echo, ? Thanks for a reply.................MO

Cornpatch,you should check out Summit Racing,$112 for a pair to your door. They ship fast & in my experience they have excellent (the best!) customer service.
Thanks, I hadn't done that yet. Speedway didn't have them. Yes, I have bought several things from Summit and Jegs..................................MO

Can you describe the difference in sound between an X pipe and a H pipe? ie: louder , quieter, mellower, deeper, tinney, echo, ? Thanks for a reply.................MO
Corn,the X pipe,to me,has a smoother,more "modern" sound (tone?) than the H pipe. They both sound nice but there is a noticeable difference,a subjective thing I guess.Both types of crossovers reduce the raspy,"rice crispy" sound (not that that's a bad thing!) I don't really know if the X or H are different as far as one being louder than the other though...Rod

Check Classic Exhaust in Ohio. My friend went that route & he highly recommends them. I just ordered the kit for my car....he does the 2 1/2 H pipe

Auto Transport Service
Back