• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR Bench Seat Cover options

Coyote with a roadrunner

Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
I am looking at the Legendary Catalog and see 3 choices, which are standard style, Decor Package, and deluxe stlye. The first has veritical stripes, the second has horizontal with a box where you back would be and the third has what appears to be checkered back. My 69 is a spring special and had high back black vinyl. Any opinions on which cover would be right? Thanks.

High back black vinyl? There were no high back seats in 69.....although technically I think they referred to the buckets as "high back" even though they weren't

Bench Seats

H2X X9= high, vinyl bench, Black

This is the fender decode on this. I think I just put high in the wrong place in my original post.

H2X X9= high, vinyl bench, Black

This is the fender decode on this. I think I just put high in the wrong place in my original post.

The "H" for high in that code stands for the grade designation and is not describing the "style" of the seat but rather the trim level.

I think that's the one with the chrome "medallions" in the seat backs

RR Seat Covers

Ok, thanks guys. Of course this is the one that is not made! I guess if I can find some originals they can be added. Thanks again.

I'm pretty sure it's made, but I'm not sure about the medallions

Bench Seat Covers

That is correct. It is made without the medallions via Lengendary. It does look like it is made be Year One with the medallions, but I will have to call them on that. I have just not always heard good things about the year one seat covers, but we shall see.

Bench Seat Covers

Interesting, I just called Year One and even though their catalog shows the seat covers with medallions it was not until I asked him that he said it does not come with them. Another good one, their catalog price, they just sent me the catalog, is not accurate as the covers are actually $72.00 more than the catalog price.:mad:

I ordered a set from Year One a few years ago and they sent me PUI seat covers instead of Legendary. They didn't fit well at all. That's when I started buying direct from Legendary.
If you don't use a sales code with Year One their prices are high. And, their shipping costs are outrageous as well.
By dealing direct with Legendary, you get much more accurate information.

The material is just pulled up into the medallions then clipped in place. They aren't part of the cover. Some A bodies used a similar medallion, but it wasn't the same size.

The material is just pulled up into the medallions then clipped in place. They aren't part of the cover. Some A bodies used a similar medallion, but it wasn't the same size.

Yes that is correct, but I thought they were the same size. If they are not they are passable. In fact if I remember correctly I think there were two different medallions for the Plymouths tahr were used on the RRs.

I know the repro the 1969 medallions for the Coronets, they may be making them for the plymouths now.

Moparts had a big discussion about these quite some time back and someone there may be able to steer you to repros if they are made.

You see them for sale on Ebay from time to time. Use the search words "seat medallions" and just check about every 5 days or so.

Mak sure if you find some they have the "cups" that are on the back side of the material for the best recessed fit when they are installed.

Auto Transport Service
Back