• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR/GTX broadcast sheet help

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Members:

I'm helping a friend decipher his broadcas sheet for his 69 RR/GTX and we need any help from anyone here. I'll ty to post a copy but if not, I can email it to anyone. Need to kow what the acual paint code is to give to the body shop and any other info from the broadcast sheet will be helpful and a picture of what it would look like as well. Tall order(?) maybe but thats why I'm posting it here.

Attachments

• 69RR.zip
    345.5 KB · Views: 543
I think your color is silver metallic or "platinum metallic" and looks to me like you had a vinyl roof.

Might have looked like this.

6689.jpg

The car per the V.I.N. on the BS is not a GTX but rather a 1969 Road Runner 2 door hardtop with a 383 engine and built at the Lynch Rd. plant.

The color of the car is A4 Platinum metallic which was an extra cost color because it was factory "buffed." Black vinyl top and black vinyl interior.

And yes, it would have looked like the car in the picture above my post.

Broadcast sheets take much longer to decode and a lot of it is not of any great importance for the vast majority of the cars. I am certainly not going to take the time to decode this entire BS but below are some examples that will help you learn from to do your own.

The top line is all about factory scheduling info, the V.I.N. and factory delivery codes.

The second line are sales codes for the engine, trans, rear end, tires, paint codes, vinyl top, stripes. These sales codes can be found in either the Dealer Data books, GGs white book, or the salesman pocket guides.
Get yourself one of GGs white books that will decode all of this. $speed car BTW.

The third & forth lines show the last few numbers of the factory part numbers for the items shown in the heading above these numbers.

Line 5 are the label codes for the items shown above them that are on the driver's door sticker on the subject car.

Lines 5 through 10 are the sales codes for the above item. an example would be in the case of this broadcast sheet:

Line 6 A01= light package. A36= performance axle package. Under Brakes where the hole in the sheet could be either B31=11"H.D. brakes or B41=front disc brakes
B51=power brakes.

This is a nicely equipped RR!!!

Thanks for the info. FYI-the car does have front discs on it right now. My friend an I removed the k-member and the rear axel and springs. The car is on a rotisserrie and at the body shop ight now. We were just ,for now, trying to figure if there is a way to find out what color the car wa painted. We now that it is gray but what kind and "color code" of gray. Dont want to make the mistake of giving the body shop a incorrect color of gray, only to find out later.
BTW- Thanks for the picture posted. I figured it to be looking like that. Wasnt sure of the hood and how it would have looked with the callouts. Does anyone have the dimensions of how wide the stripes on the hood should be? Also, does the stripes carry over to the trunk?

Thanks Again!

No, they don't carry over to the trunk like a mustang or a camaro.

I am not certain if your friend's car would have had the hood stripes or not.

You don't by any chance happen to have the fender tag numbers?

My 69 is also a lynch road car and I've become somewhat familiar with the fender tags for some of this info.

No, it did not hasve the V21 performance hood treatment but it did have the V7 painted longitudinal accent stripes

i can get a copy of the fender tag and post the numbers a little later.

Here are the numbers off of the fender tag:
05 125 246287 9 A 246139
925 591 603
1X 7X N96 C16
A4 A4 M6X X9
RM23 E63 D21 324 171080

We found another tag under the rear carpet of the car and it reads the following:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwx
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX YZ
12345678 AX PRM PKT U(**) unreadable
N96 Prep-line

My freiend has the original title in the first owners name. He did get ahold of the owner and he told my friend that he wanted the hemi in the car. The owners wife didnt want the hemi and had the husband change it. That doesnt make sense but who knows.

Any more help from the above is appreciated.

Thanks

OK, second line, 925 is a 383 engine 335HP, 4 speed trans.

591 is 3.55 gears 8 3/4" rear, sure grip with drums in the rear and disc up front

602 is a 23 spline 4 speed trans

I see N96, that's the air grabber hood.

And.... well the A4 is the silver paint of course... Uncertain on the actual plymouth name, thinking it was platinum metallic??

Anyways, others here can help with the rest.

Basically I see interior type and color, black ninyl roof, some stripe stuff....

Thanks for the help NorthernDave and 696pack.

huh, I think 26 is radiator diameter, C16... console? Is it a bucket seat car?

Well it sounds like a really cool car and I'm envious that you have found the build sheets in the interior.

I haven't found any in my 69 lynch rd RR yet but I've only checked inside the seats and up under the dash.

The car was a bucket seat car with the buddy seat/arm rest and had a six way seat base. A pretty loaded up RR. I am surprise it did not have the V21 performance hood treatment.

The code for the buddy seat/arm rest on the broadcast sheet is C21. For some reason Lynch Rd. cars code BOTH the buddy seat/arm rest and the console as C16 on the fender tag, which is the correct code for the console. Without the BS you can never tell from the Lynch Rd. fender tag what the C16 REALLY means.

OK, second line, 925 is a 383 engine 335HP, 4 speed trans.

591 is 3.55 gears 8 3/4" rear, sure grip with drums in the rear and disc up front602 is a 23 spline 4 speed trans

I see N96, that's the air grabber hood.

And.... well the A4 is the silver paint of course... Uncertain on the actual plymouth name, thinking it was platinum metallic??

Anyways, others here can help with the rest.

Basically I see interior type and color, black ninyl roof, some stripe stuff....

Yes, this is an example of how one item will sometimes tell you what you can't read in another area of the BS. As with this sheet the code for the disc brakes was not there because of a hole, but the rear end decode tells you it is a disc brake car.

This is why I did not want to get into decoding the entire sheet as it takes a lot of time to do it all.

And yes, it is a 26" rad. that comes in the A36 performance axle package as part of the HD cooling system.

Yes. We were surprised to find the BS in relatively good shape. Even more surprised to find the second tag laying under the rear carpet. It is in fact a bucket seat, buddy, with a 6 way. I think its a cool car. I dont know the late 60's fender decoding cars too well so thats why I posted it here, looking for help. Anyone have the dimensions for the stripe? Also, the N96 code is in fact for air grabber? Therefore the hood should have the tunnel for it, correct?

Yes, it is a cool car. Good color and a lot of option for a car that marketed by the factory as a low buck performance car. These options were much more likely to be found on the more expensive GTX or R/T ADULT performace cars.

The offical color name for A4 is Platnum metallic. Find paint in an area of the car that was not subjected to the light for the best color match as the new formulas of paint for the old original codes are often WAY off from the original colors

Lynch Rd fender tags have the least amount of info on them of all plants so there usually is little you can determine about the car for many of the options. You are lucky to have the BS for this car.

Yes it is an air grabber cars as indicated by the N96 code on the far right of line 9 of the BS.

Also, the N96 code is in fact for air grabber? Therefore the hood should have the tunnel for it, correct?

You've seen the air grabber cowling (ductwork) for these right?

It should have this stuff riveted to the underside of the hood.

101_4215.jpg

(mine, ugly but complete.

:grin:

Just convinced my friend to join for B-Bodies here. Anyway another FYI on his car-The car has a wood grain steering wheel as well

Auto Transport Service
Back