• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR leaf springs to return to stock ride height

Paul_G

Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I have heard much good about ESPO Springs, contacted them for a price and they have 2 choices for me. They are for my 69 RR convertible with a Pro Charged 528 Hemi. auto trans, and Dana axle. It is not a drag car, it's a street cruiser now, although it tends to get very violent during hard acceleration. From ESPO;

"As per our LiveChat, the rear leaf springs stock height are $270 for the matched arch pairs and we have either the standard 6/7 spring (last leaf on left is half leaf and last two leaves on right are half leaves) or the heavy duty 6-leaf spring which is 6 full leaves. The rear shackle bushings are $16/set of 8 in rubber and ubolts $20/set of 4. Shipping to 85388 is $114.74. The total is $420.74 and is currently about a 5 week lead time, maybe a little sooner."

Which is a better choice for me? the 6/7 leaf combo, or the heavy duty 6-leaf? Must handle the engine, but prefer a stockish ride quality.

Which is a better choice for me? the 6/7 leaf combo, or the heavy duty 6-leaf? Must handle the engine, but prefer a stockish ride quality

I would go with the heavy duty 6-leaf spring units.. they might ride a little rougher, but IMO worth it with that kind of drivetrain in the car.

The 6/7 design will be better for hard acceleration. The HD 6/6 are pretty good, will be a better left & right turn combo, my guess. ESPO were vert quality for me.

I would go with the heavy duty 6-leaf spring units.. they might ride a little rougher, but IMO worth it with that kind of drivetrain in the car.
For a stockish ride , I also would go with the 6 leaf HD leaf springs. The ride is comfortable with those. That's what I put on my 68 Coronet back in 2004. Those springs will pick up the rear about 2 inches. These brought back the ride height back to the same height as when the car was new. I think you will like these springs. I bought these from ESPO Springs & Things.

George Coronet side.jpg

Coronet 1.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back