• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 RR rear quarter window adjustment

blake zizzi

Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
I've installed all my side windows and the chrome piece that attaches under the drip rail. I also installed the weather striping in that rail. The front and quarter window match the seal perfectly. The rear quarter window curls in toward the interior of the car when rolled up. I have used up all the adjustment in the mechanism and repaired all the nylon rollers. They were sliding on the pins that held them in place. the mechanism and the windows came out of the car, so know they should fit. The rear of the quarter window is almost in the right position. It's the front that is at least 5/8 in off. Any suggestions?

IMG_0780.JPG

There is a bottom adjustment too! If it came out of the car, it should fit! I'm putting my quarter glass in soon
so I've done exactly what you have so far.

Last edited:
There is an adjustment down at the bottom of the front slide! It kicks the window in and out.
20210705_203806.jpg
20210705_204037.jpg
20210705_204117.jpg

Double check the two roller assemblies that attach two the vertical bar. The ones with the smaller steel rollers. I missed one and it went up and down but was way out of adjustment. Corrected that and had to go back to all the original settings.

I have moved the bottom adjustment as far as it will go. I fixed all the plastic rollers that run in the frame. most of them were loose. I pinned them in place. There was one floating roller that road in the back vertical rail. I left that one alone. I have adjusted every adjustment screw in multiple combinations. No luck. I'm giving up for the night. Tomorrow is another day.

IMG_0786.JPG

You have something out of place.

I found out last night that the original rollers were completely rotted and the previous owner had replaced them with hand made ones. I think maybe the new rollers were not exact replacements and might be out of place on the roller shaft. Does anyone have a picture of the proper roller position on the shaft. New rollers come with a push nut. If that push nut goes in the groove on the shaft, then my rollers are not far enough on the shaft. The shaft doesn't stick out of the roller at all. Actually it is in about .03.

I found out last night that the original rollers were completely rotted and the previous owner had replaced them with hand made ones. I think maybe the new rollers were not exact replacements and might be out of place on the roller shaft. Does anyone have a picture of the proper roller position on the shaft. New rollers come with a push nut. If that push nut goes in the groove on the shaft, then my rollers are not far enough on the shaft. The shaft doesn't stick out of the roller at all. Actually it is in about .03.
Post a picture.

I tried to take a pic, but with everything fully assembled it ain't gonna happen!
Buy new rollers and replace everything the right way, then you can bury them
and forget about them. Home made **** never works!

I have a profession glass installer here to put in the windshield and back window. He tried to adjust it and came to the conclusion that the curvature of the glass may be wrong. I tend to agree. I just needed another set of eyes. I'll buy a replacement piece and try that. If it works, I'll get one for the other side. There a hundred different places to get the glass. I think they get them all from AMD. AMD supplied me with a wrong curved glass for my Super bee door window. They did replace it, no questions asked. Unless someone has a better source, I will order from them. I'll wait to hear any suggestions.

Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you all informed of my progrress.

I don't know where ECS gets their glass but it always fits and I have had good luck with it.

Thanks! AMD makes glass that is the wrong profile? Wow. Good luck, and thanks
for keeping us informed!

I have a profession glass installer here to put in the windshield and back window. He tried to adjust it and came to the conclusion that the curvature of the glass may be wrong. I tend to agree. I just needed another set of eyes. I'll buy a replacement piece and try that. If it works, I'll get one for the other side. There a hundred different places to get the glass. I think they get them all from AMD. AMD supplied me with a wrong curved glass for my Super bee door window. They did replace it, no questions asked. Unless someone has a better source, I will order from them. I'll wait to hear any suggestions.

Thanks for all your help. I'll keep you all informed of my progrress.
I've installed all my side windows and the chrome piece that attaches under the drip rail. I also installed the weather striping in that rail. The front and quarter window match the seal perfectly. The rear quarter window curls in toward the interior of the car when rolled up. I have used up all the adjustment in the mechanism and repaired all the nylon rollers. They were sliding on the pins that held them in place. the mechanism and the windows came out of the car, so know they should fit. The rear of the quarter window is almost in the right position. It's the front that is at least 5/8 in off. Any suggestions?

View attachment 1134224
hoping you can give update on what you found. i cant seem to get my driver side to adjust. passenger side adjusted perfect. compared both sides not finding anything bent or worn.thanks

When adjusting double check all the slides and rollers for being in the right spots. Easy to overlook. The inner and outer cat whiskers also should be in place. There is a lot of adjustment and its easy to go the wrong way.

You have rebuilt the regulator if I'm reading it right.
Take the glass loose from the lift arm , raise the glass into the correct position / orientation in the weather seals, also meeting up with the door glass. This is all depending on the seals / weather strip is in place and tight to the top channel.
Tape the glass in place with some 2" or have a helper hold it in place.
Now run your regulator up to the glass and attach the glass.
Set top and bottom adjusters were they land.
Only snug up the adjusters don't tighten.
Now slowly run it down , at the bottom tighten the adjusters.

Auto Transport Service
Back