• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 runner lakewood bell housing

pro-streeter

Local time
9:44 AM
Reaction score
Need help on install of lakewood scatter shield. Having problems getting the z bar mounted. Seems to be to long. Has anyone instaalled a scatter shield on a 69 road runner? Any tipps would be great.

I have a Lakewood and its works fine with the OEM zbar, Hookers and mini starter. On my bell (20 + years old) they give you 2 threaded mounting points for the ball stud, i used the lower (rearward) position. The Zbar is still a PITA to get in and out. I usually get my son or a friend to help me pop it in. I have to fish it down with the header loose and the mtr. mount loose. I pop it on the bell hsg ball stud 1st, then put the out side ball stud on thru the fenderwell access hole. way back in the past i beefed up my zbar by adding 2- 1 1/2 " gussets on it(one on each connection) and it still fits. Good Luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back