• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Runner no engine and trans great body

Paul_G

Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
I am undecided on this. True Road Runner, not a clone. This car can be sold with no engine and trans. Originals are long gone. Owner says the body was painted when he got it and has no rust issues. Great interior, some of it replaced. Lift off hood stays with car. Not well optioned. Manual steering and brakes. A California car. Asking $28000 with no engine and trans. I have a fresh 383, and a 727 motor home trans that will need the tail shaft swapped out to be used in a car. Do I want it as a project?

68ply97532-1.jpg

68ply97532-2.jpg

You would easily spend 30 grand or more on body and paint fixing a rustbucket Road Runner,so a nice western rust free car is always the way to go. Bring cash,start at 25 grand,and close the deal! Cash really talks!

Last edited:
I saw that one for sale as well and thought it was interesting. Don't think it is a terrible price but would prefer to buy it at 20-24K.

$28,000 seems a bit high to me with no engine or trans. Either that or I got a great deal when I bought my numbers matching '69, OR prices have gone up in the last 5 years.

I think $28k is just a bit high as well. It isn't just an engine and trans. You have to factor in linkage bits, alternator, starterr, clutch/TC, brackets, carb etc. it's the little stuff that kills you.

a tad bit high for a roller...

nice car thou

Auto Transport Service
Back