• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Satellite Sport, 5.7, SST TKO

3PlyHemi

Local time
6:40 AM
Reaction score
Been a long time coming to get this project off the ground but I've finally made some big waves so it's time to post some progress! SST kit showed up around a month ago and I've been collecting parts since I bought the car in 2017? 2018? Anyone else lost all sense of time? Anyway! After years of staring at two cars thinking how to make them in to one a few weeks back I finally dove right in and here's what I have to show for it.

IMG_20200830_214418.jpg IMG_20200831_221226.jpg IMG_20200911_221558.jpg IMG_20200911_221602.jpg IMG_20200911_221607.jpg IMG_20200920_200749.jpg IMG_20200929_195811.jpg IMG_20200929_195817.jpg IMG_20200929_195822.jpg IMG_20201002_222513.jpg

Donor car is a 2005 300c and it's not giving away much beyond the engine and the seats. I'll be using an ms3gold to control the engine and planning to get PST disc brakes all around. The dream is to drive the car out of the garage in April once the snow melts up here :D

It looks like you have a good start. One thing I noticed is it appears you are staying with the factory air box. If so, there is no room for the fly by wire gas pedal to fit between the heater box and steering column. For me, the only way to make it work was to use the stock cable operated pedal and use a bell crank assembly from a 03 era Ram that used the fly by wire assembly under the hood. Bouchillon Performance can help you with a kit to make it a little more less trial and error. Hopefully they are doing a better job now than what they did for me since they have had more time to practice. I'm not up to speed on the MS3Gold system but it is more than likely less headache than my experience with using the truck computer. Does the MS3 use the fly by wire system? Also, you may want to upgrade the steering gear to a Borgeson to help with more room for the header on the left side. Plus the newer style PS pumps have been known to blow seals on the older power steering gears. I also see you have a 2 speed wiper motor. Not sure if it will be a problem with the intake or not. Everyone has their own way of installing these things but I recommend you remove the K frame and install the complete engine and trans from underneath. Much easier than trying to drop the unit in from the top. If I can be of help, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck and have fun. Here is a pic of the 6.1 in my 68 Charger.

100_9356.JPG 100_7305.JPG

That car of yours is just beautiful.
You've got sharp eyes! The ms3gold doesn't and provisions for electronic throttle so I've picked up a BBK mechanical throttle body and bouchillon mechanical throttle cable. At the moment the plan is to be gentle with the stock k frame and once I've got the car working for a while I'll start saving for a gerst front end conversion. Currently the engine is sitting on TTI 57MMBE mounts and I've got a set of 61HC headers to go with it.

SST Kit....great choice.

i just tossed an SST tko500 behind my 440cu. the kit had it all.

doing some final work before getting it out on the road.

watermelon

I had a stroll through your thread it was a great read! Any advice for someone starting in to the install?

based off the pics you posted looks like you’ll do fine

my only advice - ensure the wife, kids, and dogs/pets are kept happy first and foremost. doing that will keep the garage time peaceful and productive

....of course....reach out to the members here on the forum...it’s just as good as having them in the garage with you

watermelon

Been a few weeks since I've had time to get some work done on the car and with the cold weather moving in I'm starting to feel a little down as the days get shorter but I got some big progress done! Transmission is in, though it's going to have to come back out again. I'm in need of one more shim for the clutch slave, but figured if I'll be calling SST anyway I may as well get my driveshaft measurements written down so I can kill two birds with one phone call (stone?). Just for giggles I bolted the shifter on and sat on my trusty milk crate seat and boy I can't wait for this thing to be rolling down the road!

IMG_20201023_214552.jpg IMG_20201023_214619.jpg IMG_20201023_214816.jpg IMG_20201023_214821.jpg IMG_20201023_214831.jpg

im already jealous that you were able to do the bell housing alignment outside of the car

keep up the good work

watermelon

Haven't had much to update photography-wise but I have made some stop-start progress over the last month's. Mounted the clutch and brake pedals, installed the driveshaft, mocking up throttle cable and throttle body, and today got my fuel tank, filters, and fuel pressure reg mounted. Now that we're through the holidays I'll hopefully have a little more spare time to get out to the garage but we've all got to balance life with our toys :D

Auto Transport Service
Back