• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Six Pack Super Bee from Iowa

Charger21

Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
I am not new to FBBO, but this 1969 440 Six Pack Super Bee is. My dad bought his pride and joy less than 24 hours after returning from Vietnam. He even had two Super Bee tattoos. He owned it for 49 years until I lost my dad about 1 month ago. He was my best friend and is the reason I am who I am today, and he and I bonded while working on our cars which is why I am here on FBBO. I miss him more than words. I will have a number of questions as I do some of the upkeep that he couldn't do the last few years when he was very sick and couldn't really leave the house.

I helped try to work on the car, but I think it was hard on him for me to work on it without him (he wanted to be out there in the garage with me) and I wanted to spend all the time I could with him.

After he passed, we as a family discussed and decided that he would want his ashes to be taken to the veteran's cemetery in his car. The car had hardly been started and hadn't left the driveway in years. It was a crazy week of long days and late nights but we got him there (with a few comical stories like driving it to my garage with a dead battery, one brake working, and the car wanting to die, having to go buy and change a clogged fuel filter at the cemetery, etc.).

The car is all original numbers matching with a few very minor items like a passenger mirror added and black paint on the rocker panels. Engine has never been out, clutch has been replaced once. It has 48,000 miles.

Here are a few pics to introduce you to him and her.

20181017_164504.jpg 20181027_153928.jpg 20181027_153951.jpg 20181101_144939.jpg

Thanks very much for posting this. It's truly an inspirational story. Very sorry for you to lose your Dad, but also very happy the the two of you had that bond.

That is one of the best looking Mopars I've seen, seriously. You guys did a great job and NEVER EVER let it leave the family!

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless.

Sorry to hear about your loss. At least you gained a great way to remember him

Very sorry for your loss. That’s a pretty cool story about the car and we’re glad you joined FBBO. That’s also one sweet Bee. One of my all time favorite cars. Good luck with it and hope to see you around the forum.

Sorry for your loss. Heckuva memory though.

Sorry to hear about your Dad. He had excellent taste in cars!

Welcome from another Iowa Super Bee owner!

Sorry for your loss. My Dad is gone almost 10 years now. The memories will keep your Dad alive for you like they do for me.

Don't be afraid to ask questions here or over on the A12 Forum about the Bee. We are all here to support and help.

D

Sorry about the loss of your Dad. Welcome to FBBO from Michigan. And that is a great looking Super Bee, your Dad had made a great choice with that Mopar.

Sorry for your loss. Your Dad sounds like he lived a good life, and left a good legacy.

Condolences, welcome from North Iowa.

Sweet car!

My deepest heartfelt condolences
goes out to you & your family

Love the car

cool story too

I like the way you paid back the respect to your dad

Sorry for your loss, thanks for sharing your story. Looking forward to following how you’re doing with Bee.

These cars helped to give many of these young guys hope from returning from Vietnam and we are loosing them way too soon now as many of them are getting up in age or with health issues. Thanks for your Dad's service and passion for what was important to him. He handed those traits down to you and your a better man for it. Take care of the car as your Father will always be there riding along with you.

Like many on this site, these cars are a passion for us. So good luck with the car and if any questions or concerns, know that this site and the A12 site can be a wealth of knowledge. Take care.

Sorry for your loss. My dad's been gone almost 8 1/2 years and unfortunately we didn't have a very good relationship. Cherish those memories and times with your dad. That's a great Bee he had and I'm sure you'll keep it great in your dad's memory.

Auto Transport Service
Back