• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 super bee steering wheel

BAFRAID

She’s looking like a Super Bee again!!
Local time
3:26 AM
Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hey guys, I am starting the restoration of my steering column. My steering wheel is pretty badly cracked. The steering pad underneath is pretty bad as well. My horn ring is rusted. Just wondering if anyone knows a general cost of restoration versus just buying a new one or the pieces to put together a new one?

That is the way my stock steering wheel looked chunks missing and the metal showing. Got lucky and found one like the one you have for sale at a pretty decent price. For dashes only may be able to rework the pad. The horn ring might could have it chromed. But the steering wheel seen some where they can fix them. May best bet to find one in better shape for sure.

You could for sure start with a better horn pad/ring. The wheel could be repaired with epoxy and painted but there’s better used ones out there.

I show it in my restoration thread.. how I fixed my old beat up pad. Wheel I just bought a reproduction. Some day I'll get around to fixing the OE.

Auto Transport Service
Back