• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 superbee - finally being built!

yalpngulp

Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score
Well after 15 years of contemplation, I'm finally started on one of my keeper cars. I've been dragging it from one house to the next and sticking it in storage and forgetting about it again. I've been very intimidated to do this project because I was inexperienced when I got the car. I still am, but I am getting more confident as I go. The
sbee2.jpg
picture is from the day I got her.

1969 Super Bee!!! One of the best muscle cars ever built! Congrats. Looking forward to your progress. Are you keeping it that color? Blue w/ white May be my favorite color combo.

1969 Super Bee!!! One of the best muscle cars ever built! Congrats. Looking forward to your progress. Are you keeping it that color? Blue w/ white May be my favorite color combo.
it will be blue but with black stripe. I may get bashed on here but I'm changing it up a bit and making it mine.

Nothing wrong with that, if you're not happy with it then what's the point? The blue and white reminds me of one of my favorite models as a kid. I'm sure many here had the same one. (Monogram I believe). I still have mine.

Nothing wrong with that, if you're not happy with it then what's the point? The blue and white reminds me of one of my favorite models as a kid. I'm sure many here had the same one. (Monogram I believe). I still have mine.
I have one too lol

Great car can't wait to see it completed

I guess I didn't take any more pictures of disassembly. So here is the most recent pic of what I'm working on currently. after removing the tar, fiberglass, spray foam, riveted tin and some poorly welded patches in the trunk this is what's left. The frame rails, tail light panel, trunk floor, extensions and wheel tubs are rough. Fortunately the front half of the car seems to be in great shape

20160517_191858.jpg

Last edited:
I was test fitting the bee wheel on my other car the other day to see how it fit. Foose legend staggered 20s and 18s.

20160520_150648.jpg

Looks like you have a solid Bee to start with. Reminds me of my GTX of 45 years that I finally restored and finished this year after 5 years. Never too late. Your car is a beauty do it as you like. I'm. Old school though and don't like the modern wheels on the old muscle cars. But you do what suits you. Good luck and take it a day at a time.

That is a beautiful rendition of your goal. Yes the purists will hate you but to hell with them.

That is a beautiful rendition of your goal. Yes the purists will hate you but to hell with them.
thankyou. One benefit from starting a build thread is the support you get from other people and it helps motivate you to get it finished. I appreciate the encouragement from everyone

WTF??, I was cutting out the old trunk pan today and I found a piece I don't have to replace!! The gas tank brace is beautiful. Things are really going to change for me now in life.
20160530_205034.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back