• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Superbee front fenders

dodge68charger

Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Does any company make a quality front fender for a 69 superbee? I cant find any on the Amd site. Thanks

used only,
good luck with the hunt!

Them babies are hard to come by but you'll find them eventually

Total nightmare.
Below is the reply from ( AMD ) I just got. (2/24/2015) This is the kind of aggravation I can't stand. They make front fenders for 1970 and other models . This isn't a personal attack on amd , they are entitled to offer the products to sell that they choose to sell. Obviously it comes down to dollars and cents. But I would think there would be enough of a demand to justify the development. I would pay the required price even if understandably very high to get new metal parts instead of having to be reduced to a scavenger or sucumb to fiberglass. What adds to my frustration and I'm sure I speak for the masses is that they aren't starting from scratch this is what they do.I realize that certain parts on these mopars are very intricate and complex which gives them their beauty and makes them hold their value.So if they charged a huge premium I think they would still get a lot of business just based off supply and demand. I don't mind scavenging here and there but in the case of these front fenders its depressing because they are practically extinct. At least he used the word "currently" LOL I'm not holding my breath. i don't think many purists are going to stick a fiberglass fender on that 100,000 dollar a12 sixpack.

Jim –

Thanks for the email. Currently, we do not have plans to produce SuperBee front fenders.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news. Thanks for checking.

GetInline.aspx

Mike Foster
940 Sherwin Parkway, Ste 180
Buford, GA 30518
866-591-8309 Toll Free
770-967-0909 In Georgia
770-692-6360 Fax
www.autometaldirect.com

Total nightmare.
Here is the reply from ( AMD ) I just got. (2/24/2015) This is the kind of aggravation I can't stand. They make front fenders for 1970 and other models . This isn't a personal attack on amd , they are entitled to offer the products to sell that they choose to sell. Obviously it comes down to dollars and cents. But I would think there would be enough of a demand to justify the development. I would pay the required price even if expectedly high to get new metal parts instead of having to be reduced to a scavenger or sucumb to fiberglass. I don't mind scavenging here and there but in the case of these front fenders its depressing because they are practically extinct. At least he used the word "currently" LOL I'm not holding my breath. i don't think many purists are going to stick a fiberglass fender on it.

Jim –

Thanks for the email. Currently, we do not have plans to produce SuperBee front fenders.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news. Thanks for checking.

GetInline.aspx

Mike Foster
940 Sherwin Parkway, Ste 180
Buford, GA 30518
866-591-8309 Toll Free
770-967-0909 In Georgia
770-692-6360 Fax
www.autometaldirect.com

Why are you so frustrated with AMD about this? Putting those fenders into production would probably run into the hundreds of thousands, if not the million mark. If there isn't a big enough demand and they know they won't profit or at least a recoup cost, they would be idiots for making them, because it would be a losing proposition. I'm not bias and it's easy to recognize that the coronet's do not hold the same popularity than say a Roadrunner, Charger, Chevelle, GTO, Camaro...ect..ect.. does, thus less of a following, less folks restoring. Not ripping on Coronet's/Superbee's, but it's a simple fact. So if there isn't as much as a market, there's less to be had. Take a look at all the metal you can get for your Coronet/Superbee from AMD now days. Compared to just several years back, there is a ton.

The name of the game with restoring cars is finding the parts. 1969 coronet fenders are no holy grail. They really are not too hard to find if you put in the time & work to do so, and have a bit of patience. Instead of being aggravated, you should enjoy the friendships and adventures made finding the parts. That's what the hobby is all about. If finding parts is just a nightmare every time, you honestly should find a different hobby.

Maybe you should re read the post there duke. I made it very clear that i wasn't targeting amd. i understand the financial side which again i made clear once again re read the post. you should honestly shut your big mouth.

Maybe you should re read the post there duke. I made it very clear that i wasn't targeting amd. i understand the financial side which again i made clear once again re read the post. you should honestly shut your big mouth.

Well welcome to the site and sorry I took your words in the wrong manner, they don't appear that way. When you reel out "Total nightmare" and "This is the kind of aggravation I can't stand" It appears you're quite frustrated. I didn't specify you were on the attack, I just mentioned you were frustrated. Buy hey, if you feel the need to start gunsliging, go for it. Word's on a computer from someone that obviously has a pretty short wick really doesn't phase me. Regardless, hope some '69 fenders find there way to you and your ride someday.

Thanks and I think my words were mistakenly taken out of context.
I think that if you had ended the conversation along the lines of the way you ended this last statement I would have lengthened the wick LOL . Instead of saying I should get another hobby ??? If you had posted my comments I would have tried to cheer you up and show support .that along with the fact that I was very very fair in my comments not blaming anyone for anything. amd doesn't owe me anything. I very much agree with you on the friendships and adventures you develop in the search. and I have no hard feelings. I also would rather confront an issue face to face not by computers, but in some circumstances it is what it is. I live just west of Boston and I stupidly hit my front fender with my tractor during the 8 ft of snow we have been dealing with. so i am a little touchy ! I apologize for the duke sarcasm. If you come across a 1969 superbee drivers side fender I'll pay good money for it !!
Jim !

Attachments

• b garage2.jpg
    b garage2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 227
keep your eye out on a few different mopar forums and on ebay
check every few days
69 coronet fenders are not that hard to find
i see them pop up for sale all the time
i have bought 3 nice ones in the past couple of years

now a 71 plymouth fender is hard to find
i have hunted for both

keep your eye out on a few different mopar forums and on ebay
check every few days
69 coronet fenders are not that hard to find
i see them pop up for sale all the time
i have bought 3 nice ones in the past couple of years

now a 71 plymouth fender is hard to find
i have hunted for both

Thank you !
I appreciate the advice !

Plan a trip to Carlisle in July. You will find them there.

yes
that is another good place to look
i saw a few of them there last year.
you can also try a wanted ad on here
that might flush something out.
just be patient,i bought some very nice fenders
i passed on many of them.
if they have any dents in the front curve or any rust,on to the next one

yes
that is another good place to look
i saw a few of them there last year.
you can also try a wanted ad on here
that might flush something out.
just be patient,i bought some very nice fenders
i passed on many of them.
if they have any dents in the front curve or any rust,on to the next one

Thanks !
Carlisle it will "bee" !

Here are a couple of pictures.i could probably have it fixed but I wanted to keep it as bondo free as possible. To a lot of the people on here that are so knowledgeable this may not seem like much compared to what they have dealt with, but Its still tough to see it everytime I pull into the bee into the hive LOL ! Once a little more of the snow melts I'm gonna turn it around for therapy LOL !!!

Attachments

• IMG_20150224_144501_307.jpg
    IMG_20150224_144501_307.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20150224_144540_945.jpg
    IMG_20150224_144540_945.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20150224_144642_842.jpg
    IMG_20150224_144642_842.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 206
Thanks !
Carlisle it will "bee" !

Here are a couple of pictures.i could probably have it fixed but I wanted to keep it as bondo free as possible. To a lot of the people on here that are so knowledgeable this may not seem like much compared to what they have dealt with, but Its still tough to see it everytime I pull into the bee into the hive LOL ! Once a little more of the snow melts I'm gonna turn it around for therapy LOL !!!

Why wouldn't you repair that?

Hey Jim, sorry my last line came across so harsh. I didn't intend for it to come across that way, but looking/reading it, I can see how someone would take it in a bad manner. Sometimes it's tough to get a point across in the way intended when typing, just like I took yours. Anyways, no hard feelings on this side either, and best of luck to you and the fella that started this thread in finding a decent fender.

Plan a trip to Carlisle in July. You will find them there.
Speaking of which,,,, does fbb have a setup there or do any of you guys meet up? I think that would be reall cool! I've been goin there about ever year since 93 I'm thinkin .

- - - Updated - - -

Btw propwash , that quote you have at the bottom of you posts cracks me up, I've been using that one on my employee ,,, lol:laughing6:

- - - Updated - - -

Sbj , is your car a real a12 car?

Hey Jim, sorry my last line came across so harsh. I didn't intend for it to come across that way, but looking/reading it, I can see how someone would take it in a bad manner. Sometimes it's tough to get a point across in the way intended when typing, just like I took yours. Anyways, no hard feelings on this side either, and best of luck to you and the fella that started this thread in finding a decent fender.

Thanks ! and looking forward to enjoying this site with you !

Auto Transport Service
Back