• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69 Throttle cable bracket help???

Lineman

Local time
1:51 PM
Reaction score
So this is on a 69 GTX, doesn't seem right to me?? What is the best way to strengthen this out? This car is a semi correct looking driver.

Cant thank you enough for all the help.

Jay
2018-02-19 14.22.05.jpg
2018-02-19 14.21.42.jpg

You may want to consider bouchillon performance throttle and kick down kit.

looks like a stock bracket on a tall RPM intake. there's an aftermarket bracket for what your doing. I think AR Engineering makes them.

Thanks guys, I ordered the AR bracket from Mancini it will look a little more original I think. I have the rocker piece but now where to get the rest of the linkage??? I had no idea anybody was making those brackets. Would the factory have painted that orange?

Thanks again.
Jay

A&A transmissions, aandatrans.com, has reproduction kick down linkage if that’s what you’re looking for.

I have two bellcranks, some rods, and assorted items I can send you $50 shipped.
I'd rather talk you out of that mess and go with the bouchillon solution.

I have two bellcranks, some rods, and assorted items I can send you $50 shipped.
I'd rather talk you out of that mess and go with the bouchillon solution.

Sorry I am just getting back to this, old age, too cold, too many projects, too many excuses etc... I cant figure this site out, nor remember did I post pictures of the kick down cable that already exist? I would like the thing to look original, sort of, if I can... You like those cables that much?

If you have the original stuff, I think I would like to have it though. For $50.00 to make it look right and work? Someday?

I will PM you.

Thanks

Jay

You're going to need an extension on the rod that goes down from the bellcrank to the transmission. Edelbrock sells it and it'll be around $15.
PN# 8003 (1/4") or 8004 (5/16").
Worked perfectly on mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back