• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

69440yellow saying hello

69440yellow

Local time
3:31 PM
Reaction score
Hope I'm doing this correctly, everyone knows all about being correct by now.
I bought a 69 coronet 440 with a 318 mated to a 904a trans about three weeks ago. Was told a/c worked but needed freon,we all know there is no free in freon but I took his word. Let's see 1 compressor and all the goodies under the hood plus a fan motor still got fubar. So am now looking for a A/C switch number 3431017B.
Other than that she is a yellow beauty with white interior.

20220517_145831.jpg

Hope I'm doing this correctly, everyone knows all about being correct by now.
I bought a 69 coronet 440 with a 318 mated to a 904a trans about three weeks ago. Was told a/c worked but needed freon,we all know there is no free in freon but I took his word. Let's see 1 compressor and all the goodies under the hood plus a fan motor still got fubar. So am now looking for a A/C switch number 3431017B.
Other than that she is a yellow beauty with white interior.

View attachment 1303619
By the way I live in Springhill FL

Welcome from North Florida fellow 69 Coronet 440 Owner !!!
I was wondering how many members had 69 Coronet 440's
Very Nice Looking and yellow like mine :thumbsup:

Welcome to FBBO from Ontaro. Nice yellow Coronet. I have a yellow '67 Coronet R/T.

Welcome from Illinois!! Congratulations on aquiring such a fine looking 'new' Mopar!

Greetings from northern MI.

Sweet. Don't see many of those. Diggin' the color.

hello from S Carolina,what freon did you use? Did you vac it down to see if it leaks .If you used a different freon - converted it - then it does not take the same amount.

Welcome from Missouri!!

welcome to FBBO from NorCal Sierras

hello from S Carolina,what freon did you use? Did you vac it down to see if it leaks .If you used a different freon - converted it - then it does not take the same amount.
We're using r12 found compressor wasn't building pressure. Put rebuilt compressor and new components under hood. Found most of my problems were in the ac controls. Took them apart cleaned them up fix the fan switch. Refilled with 134 (UGH) not favorite but didn't have enough R12 if we ran into issues. She blows pretty cold now.

We're using r12 found compressor wasn't building pressure. Put rebuilt compressor and new components under hood. Found most of my problems were in the ac controls. Took them apart cleaned them up fix the fan switch. Refilled with 134 (UGH) not favorite but didn't have enough R12 if we ran into issues. She blows pretty cold now.
Hope this made sense to you and thanks to all for the greeting

Auto Transport Service
Back