• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

7/17/18 - Feel good story for the day . . . raising the bar . . .

conv67bdere

Super Moderator
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
This has got to be one of the best CEOs of a company . . .

Guy's car breaks down the day before his first day of work - so he starts "walking" to the job at midnight so he'll be there in time . . .

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-...as-thanks/ar-AAAbhlu?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=1PRESCEP

Great read - for all of those that got involved in this story - he was very humble . . .

We need more people ( and stories ) like this . . .

need move people like that,our world at this time is so ugly and selfish but stories like this gives people hope. the Big Man was looking out for him.

Nice. Good read. There is hope for the human race.

Imagine where we would be as a society if just as many stories like this were run as the negative backstabbing lies that we GET to see.

Saw this on the news tonight. Great story. If I heard correctly the young man wants to become a Marine. Sounds like the kind of kid that will make an outstanding soldier. There’s also a shortage of this kind of CEO as well. Hope they’re both breeding - we need more like both of them.

Any one catch he got a Ford ! Better buy some new walking shoes!

But all seriousness this is assume! I knew a kid like this stuff always went South on him but he always made it to work or school!

Good for that kid hopefully others will see if you try it pays off some times . Mist his age would of said oh well maybe the next job will be a winner

I saw this on the news and I say good on both of them!!! I am also happy for the cops who helped him out and bought him breakfast and dropped him at his new job!!!

That young man will suceed in life with that ethic and commitment.

That young man will suceed in life with that ethic and commitment.

X2 - agree - be didn't think he was "entitled" to get a break - be did what he had to so he could be on time for his first day ! Great way to succeed in life !

To the cop that helped out, bought him breakfast, and dropped him off at the job too - he shows us what the law enforcement people are really like.

Sorry - could not ditz the CEO on buying a Ford, be didn't have to do anything - but he did !

Great story all around. Inspiring kid who didn't complain and did what he felt he needed to do. Thoughtful police officers who picked him up, listened to his story, took him to breakfast and drove him to his destination. Wonderful family who offered him a bed to rest and expressed their admiration for his commitment by putting the story out there. Thoughtful CEO who gave his new employee a car for being a model of company culture.

Great story all around. Inspiring kid who didn't complain and did what he felt he needed to do. Thoughtful police officers who picked him up, listened to his story, took him to breakfast and drove him to his destination. Wonderful family who offered him a bed to rest and expressed their admiration for his commitment by putting the story out there. Thoughtful CEO who gave his new employee a car for being a model of company culture.
Nailed it!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back