• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 70 4 Speed Reverse Lockout, Interlock, Reverse lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
1970 B Body 4 Speed Reverse Lockout, Interlock, Reverse lock.

I know there are reproductions available. I’m looking for original parts.

I’ve seen them called different things. My understanding is that on the big block cars the torque shaft or bell crank is shorter than the small blocks, the tabs on them are different, and the rear or lower rods are different.

And column auto torque shaft is different than manual & floor shift auto.

I’m looking for the manual / floor shift torque shaft, 10.5 bell housing bracket, and lower or rear column lock rod for a 4 speed that connects to the reverse lever.

Here’s a 70 factory illustration.

Please contact me by PM.

upload_2021-1-25_9-2-20.jpeg

These are the parts I need.

They can be from a B or E with floor shift, and maybe the C body floor shift torque shafts may have been the same, but I don’t know that. What do they look like?

Have to be 1970 for the B and E anyway.

The transmission rod at top.

The torque shaft clocked like one below in middle with adjustment slot in the curved arm.

The flat 3 hole bracket that goes on transmission.

Please PM me.

upload_2021-1-25_14-13-56-jpeg.jpg

You may know this already....Brewer's sells a complete kit. It very nice. Finding all original parts together as a set will a difficult task.

Thanks,

Yes I know there are reproductions available. I’m looking for original parts. May have to buy their reverse lever though.

Will give it a while longer.

Found all the parts except the manual car reverse lever.

Still need that.

Please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back