• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 70 6 Pack / 440+6 Air Cleaner Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallhair

Rufus "Mod-hair" Firefly
Staff member
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Wanted - Prefer Original, in decent shape, 1970-72 440+6 Air cleaner metal lid. Mine is older repro than doesn’t have the correct 90 degree bend at the lip.

Or maybe a used reproduction with correct lip.

I’d also consider a complete base and lid if within my budget.

shipped to 62258.

Thanks much,

Please PM me if you have something to sell.

upload_2021-2-21_19-37-0.jpeg

Should look like above and holes should be about 10 1/8 inches apart.

lip should be a 90 degree angle, not rolled.

please PM me

Should look like above and holes should be about 10 1/8 inches apart.

lip should be a 90 degree angle, not rolled.

please PM me

Don't think I've ever seen one with a 90 degree angle.... The T/A AAR & A12 air cleaner lids have a angled lip at about 40 degrees... But most got a radiused curve maybe a little more pronounced that what yours is but not dramatically different...

I’m looking for a 70 440+6 lid for a 70 6 barrel air cleaner for a 70 N96 air Grabber hood car. It’s a 383 car that has a 440 in it now. I have the base.

I bought the air cleaner kit, carbs, etc 30 years ago tha is not quite right at the lip of the lid.

Ill post pictures of my lid tomorrow.

if the lid I posted is incorrect let me know.

Here’s some pics of my older aftermarket lid.

PNG image 3.png

PNG image 2.png

PNG image.png

Otherwise looks normal on top

?? "Aftermarket" with the Made in Canada stamp and part # on it? Guess it's like comparing stamping fonts on AMD's bumper brackets to tell OE's from Repros. 30 years from now the next resto generation will think they have complete OE survivor cars..

?? "Aftermarket" with the Made in Canada stamp and part # on it? Guess it's like comparing stamping fonts on AMD's bumper brackets to tell OE's from Repros. 30 years from now the next resto generation will think they have complete OE survivor cars..

It’s a repro from MP circa 1990. The edges were finished correctly. Was a lot of stink about it back then. Will use it if I don’t find a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back