• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 B Body dome light wiring routing

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
This part was off the car when I bought it. I know the wire runs along the left roof rail and then down the A pillar. Can someone show the specific clips and routing along the roof supports? I can't find anything in the manuals. Also, there are four holes on the transverse roof support where the light mounts to. Two on the facing the front side and two facing the rear. The housing only needs two holes and thinking it should be the rear facing holes. Any help is appreciated.

The plastic sleeve on the A pillar behind the kick panel for the dome light wire appears to held in by two Christmas tree plugs. Can someone confirm that?

Thank you,

Wallace

beerestoration2015 803.JPG
beerestoration2015 781.JPG
beerestoration2017 1079.JPG
beerestoration2017 994.JPG
beerestoration2017 995.JPG

Oh, excellent! I have the three clips along the roof side in a bag but didn't know exactly where they went. Looks there is a special grommet where the wire goes into the A pillar hole. I didn't think about that. I can probably find a standard grommet for that. It looks like you have the dome light socket separate from the base. Does it separate from the base?

I guess the only remaining question is in regards to which of the 4 holes the dome light base mounts to? Maybe doesn't make much difference.

Thank you and that is very helpful!

I'm surprised you ever got that thing put back together with the amount of pics you took Dad. I have referenced them often on here.
Good ****.

Auto Transport Service
Back