• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 B Body Grommet

rstockbridge

Local time
3:15 AM
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction for a grommet (or whatever part is supposed to be there) for where the brake pedal goes through the firewall (diamond shaped hole) on a 70 road runner?

Trying this again hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Can someone point me in the right direction for a grommet (or whatever part is supposed to be there) for where the brake pedal goes through the firewall (diamond shaped hole) on a 70 road runner?

You mean where the master cylinder bolts on. White foam gasket, try Detroit muscle technologies

beerestoration2017 1312.JPG

I'm looking for the grommet for the diamond shaped hole in the firewall in the attached picture. Above and to the left of the steering column.

IMG_0952.jpg

All there is on that one is the foam I show... you can see the OE removed one in the right of the picture! The rubber accordion boot doesn't belong on a booster push rod (manual only) but it doesn't hurt anything.

Last edited:
I'm looking for the grommet for the diamond shaped hole in the firewall in the attached picture. Above and to the left of the steering column.

View attachment 1295037
Just the gasket like dadsbee showed.
But..... not sure your system looks correct from the picture...
Can you show the booster and related bracketry?

@RemCharger Do you have any suggestions for what I need?
I have never had luck nor love for those GM downgrade brake kits.
My opinion would be to put it back to stock.
Manual. You wouldn't believe how much room you get back lol.
Every mopar at my track runs the chrysler alum m/c (disc drum doesn't matter) and everyone stops just fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back