• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 bucket install on new floor AMD

Donakey

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
I was wondering if any body has installed the buckets back into the car after a complete new front floor was installed. I believe the buckets bolt down through a bracket off the inner rocker that is plug welded to the floor. Is there are a plate welded to the floor, the same as the inside where the seats sits on the plate at tranny tunnel? I can’t remember. Thanks

I was wondering if any body has installed the buckets back into the car after a complete new front floor was installed. I believe the buckets bolt down through a bracket off the inner rocker that is plug welded to the floor. Is there are a plate welded to the floor, the same as the inside where the seats sits on the plate at tranny tunnel? I can’t remember. Thanks
There should be brackets welded to the floor on both tracks. When I swapped my bench seat to buckets in my 70 Satellite, there were no brackets next to the trans hump, only on the rocker side. I didn't have the brackets and don't weld so I used 2" fender washers on the top and bottom of the floor pan to reinforce. I sprayed the bottom washers and bolts with some rattlecan undercoating to prevent rusting.

Don't know about '70 but on a '69 there are no plates for the outer tracks but there are plates for the inner tracks next to the hump.

bucket seat plates (2016_11_22 02_37_15 UTC).jpg

Can you not drill up, through the brackets under the floor? Or did you replace those as well?

I have a survivor '70 I'm working on right now; if you like, I can go take some measurements for you in the morning. Let me know if you have holes in your brackets or not...

It’s all good I just finished it up today. I measured the bottom seat studs and played with the measurement till I got it where it needed to be. Thanks man

Auto Transport Service
Back