• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger Hemi 4sp

408Swinger

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know or own this car ?

AUCTION: This Beautiful 1970 Dodge Charger HEMI R/T Will Go To Auction In March!

I had a chance to buy it from the original owner in 1999 but passed because I thought it would cost too much . I was wrong … Jerry Blake told me about it then bought it 6 months later when I didnt move on it . He paid $16,700. I got physically sick when I saw the car and he told me what he paid ! It turned 30,000 miles on the drive home from Anaconda MT to his home in Deer Lodge MT (about 40 miles )
Jerry was the area Dodge rep in 1970 and authorized a warranty engine at 500 miles. Jerry later moved up with Chrysler and ran the parts and service (Mopar) division.

1670287172626.png

You snooze you lose. You sure let that one get away. I paid almost 20 grand more than that for one of mine in 2000.

Had 3 little ones at the time and assumed it would take 70k to own it .
Jerry passed away around 2006 and I assume his wife sold it without knowing the history of the car .

I recall hearing of a fellow owning a wrecking yard in Montana that supposedly owned 2 Hemi Chargers, both very unrestored but presumably complete. Likely not the same car, but wonder if this would be one of them?

Car would look better with some wheel well chrome IMO but i wouldn't refuse it if given to me for free. :D

I recall hearing of a fellow owning a wrecking yard in Montana that supposedly owned 2 Hemi Chargers, both very unrestored but presumably complete. Likely not the same car, but wonder if this would be one of them?
No… I left my DNA all over this car in its original condition and other than the crease in the 1/4 ( from the combine in the barn ) it was in amazing condition . It had headers but the manifolds were in the trunk .
It sold at Mecum this year but I cant find the results .

Seems cheap for a 1 of 56 car .
I thought a Charger would have commanded a higher price. It can't be because it's green can it?

Market must be down a bit?

I think the current owner knew little of the history and the description made it sound suspect. I can tell you that this car is a true survivor. Jerry had told me about the warranty block a year prior to him buying it .
Jerry also told me about a Lime Green 6 Barrel Superbird in Salmon Id .
He recalled “shoving it down the dealers throat” in late 1970…. then in 1999 he had some arial spraying done on his land (owned a section of Big Sky country) and the pilot mentioned seeing a green winged car sitting a on a remote ranch near Salmon . I knew a prominant attorney in Boise that grew up in Salmon and asked him about it . He remembered the car and the name of the family that owned it .

Not sure about that one but this one is numbers matching bought by my dad in 1971 off the original owner! Also 1 of 56.

170DA86A-9EF3-4E76-A2CB-B1A9FB6B03CA.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back