• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger HVAC questions

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the A/C box in these cars? The system hasn't worked since I bought the car in 2000 but it hasn't been a priority to fix it.

I removed mine from my 69 road runner and had it re built at classic,5 bolts on the fire wall and a bracket and bolt inside,not that hard.

There are a few more items that need to be removed than red 69 runner mentioned. Fresh air intake (2 screws), 2 vent hoses (clips) vacuum lines (clip), capillary tube from heater valve (2 screws), heater hoses, a/c lines, 2 electrical hook ups, 1 for the fan motor resistor and 1 for the "do hickey" that cycles the a/c compressor. It is pretty straight forward and can easily be rebuilt yourself with the kit from Detroit Muscle. It also helps greatly to remove the front passenger seat.

I figured that I'd need to remove the console and right seat. I have a hard time seeing in low light situations and get frustrated easily with this stuff.
Thanks, Greg

Auto Transport Service
Back