• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 70 Charger R/T Daytona stock car project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargervert

Local time
2:23 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am considering selling my 70 Charger R/T Daytona stockcar project. My engine builder has stalled the project for the last three years,and I have many other projects to get to. The car is being sold as a roller,it is set up for a Gen 2 Hemi,or wedge engine with a motor plate moved back and down to lower the center of gravity and has a mock up Tremic 5 speed trans in it. The trans has an Ultrabell housing on it to fit wedge or Hemi engines. It has a circa 2005 Laughlin Nascar chassis that was built to specifically fit a Charger,by a Nascar fab shop in North Carolina. There is thousands of dollars in fabrication work in the car. It has $3600 Brembo brake calipers. It has a Dayclona Daytona kit,the nosecone is heavy mat fiberglass,and all other parts are steel as were the originals. The headlight assemblies,are vacuum operated as original. My wing is an original from one of the factory 503 Daytonas built,and won't be included in the sale. I have contact info for the guy who makes cast aluminum wings as original,so you can get one from him. I would sell the original wing for 10k. The car has a full floating 9 inch rear axle with no chuck,so you can pick whatever gear you want to put in the car. The car is a real 70 Charger R/T with a title,so it can be registered and driven on the street,which was my plan. I want 45 grand for the car as is. It has nice 70 Charger front fenders,and a 70 hood will be included. If someone doesn't want the doors with the R/T scoops,I can swap another pair of doors onto the car. Send me a PM if interested in the car.

Last edited:
Pics
20190909_105918.jpg
20190909_105948.jpg

This is a real stock car Charger that was built in 2005 and never finished. It has never been raced,hit or crashed. It is essentially a brand new Charger racecar. It would make a great replica stockcar,or modern restomod,that can be driven,raced or autocrossed depending on how it is setup. May consider full or partial 68 to 70 Charger trades,of equal value,or car plus cash,preferably a running driving car,I already have 20 project cars,hence the reason I am considering selling this one!

Last edited:
As the car sits right now. I unbolted the nosecone so it takes up less space in the garage.
20200527_215458.jpg
20200506_210741.jpg

There are more pictures of the car in my thread in the Daytona/Superbird forum,titled" A stock car flaming with a loser at the cruise control"! Nobody needs a Charger Daytona stock car,but everyone wants one! I had planned on doing an old school 60's metalflake paint job on the car,but I could see it done as a #71 K&K Daytona,that could run even faster than the original,due to it's modern chassis! The car is on a dolly or the lift in the pictures. It sits two inches off the ground. The coils are adjustable with a speed wrench,just like the current Nascar chassis. I was planning to run airbags to run it on the street. This is not a rusty Charger with an exhaust pipe rollbar,this is an actual stock car! It has a fuel cell with a bladder.

would you be willing to part with the 5 speed? could use it in my superbird tribute

Not at this point. The transmission is in a custom built cradle mount that fits this chassis. If the car doesn't sell I will continue the build.

no worries...i appreciate the reply.

This is the dolly the car is on. When the car is on the ground, it sit two inches from the ground. The suspension is fully adjustable on all four corners with a speed wrench like a modern Nascar chassis.
20210722_214026.jpg
20210722_214042.jpg

It is a really cool car, I don't think that someone could build it to the point that it is at for what I am asking for it! If the car doesn't sell I will continue the build, the car is a real 70 Charger R/T, and the plan was for it to live up to its name and be a real Road and Track car. This car would also be a great base for a Charger R/T resto mod build like the kind of builds that Speedcore is building.

The full floating 9 inch rear axle housing features axles that bolt into the center hub of the wheel with six allen head bolts. The bolts can be removed quickly and the axles can be slid out,so the center section gear set can be swapped out without removing the wheels and tires, or rear brakes.

The rear pinion angle is fully adjustable depending on the hight that the suspension is set too.
20180617_130116.jpg
20180617_130105.jpg

I know that they are 17 inch wheels, I don't remember what brand name they are. I won't be back over there until Saturday.

20180309_171207.jpg
20180304_105751.jpg
20180304_105801.jpg
Darrah would know as I bought the car from him. I fabricated a rallye dash frame to fit around the roll cage and was very pleased that the crash bar that ties the bar that goes through the center of the car to the one that goes across the car behind the dash went right through the ashtray opening in the dash frame. I couldn't have planned it that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back