• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Charger w 472 hemi, 4 sp sold at Mecum today; HIGH PRICE

340challconvert

Local time
10:11 PM
Reaction score
From the collection of Kenneth Tatarow
Highly modified engine, custom paint, leather interior, pistol grip
Car went for $143K WOW (who is Ken Tatarow?)

The least the seller could have done was put the bumble bee DECAL on correct and not backwards

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0120-396501/1970-dodge-charger/

Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:
For that much, you'd think they would splurge for a wiper motor. Lol

I didn't see any pics of the fender tag, or VIN numbers to see what the car started life as,if it is an original Hemi 70 Charger R / T, then the price is right, but anything else, it's all the money.

For that much, you'd think they would splurge for a wiper motor. Lol
I think it’s that super rare wiper delete model

I didn't see any pics of the fender tag, or VIN numbers to see what the car started life as,if it is an original Hemi 70 Charger R / T, then the price is right, but anything else, it's all the money.

I agree, they way they don’t say it’s an original hemi car really leads me to think it’s a custom job or clone if you like

I was driving my Little Red Express truck in a serious rain storm, years ago, and the drivers side wiper arm flew off the truck! I said to my friend who was in the passengers seat,did you see that? He replied "drivers side wiper delete " ! Lol

70 Bee only sold for $27500 :BangHead: crazy,heard Paul Newmans mustang might go for 6 million

70 Bee only sold for $27500 :BangHead: crazy,heard Paul Newmans mustang might go for 6 million
you mean Steve McQueen's old Bullitt Movie car ?
68 Mustang GT Sportroof/fastback 390cid 4 speed

I think it’s that super rare wiper delete model

I agree, they way they don’t say it’s an original hemi car really leads me to think it’s a custom job or clone if you like
Hard for me to see, but i think it has the wiper arms, just no motor.

No fender tag. Reckon it's a boutique car?

I would bet that it has a modern aftermarket under-the-dash wiper system. That car isn't exactly cheap or original is it?
To tell the truth, if i wanted a modified hemi car, i wouldn't want a real one, because it would bother me to make it unoriginal. But i sure wouldn't want to pay exotic collectable prices for it.

Auto Transport Service
Back