• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD `70 Coronet R/T project

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt1

Local time
4:04 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Here is yet another project from the north! This is a 1970 Coronet R/T WS23U0G. This one left the St. Louis assembly plant bound for California, I know this because it says so on the build sheet! This one was a real knock-out too, originally Burnt Orange with a white vinyl top and tail-stripe and a solid one year only burnt orange interior. The original 440 and console shifted automatic are long gone and unfortunately the engine evidently took out the hood when it decided to grenade itself years ago. Still have the hood but only the inserts survived and they go with the car along with a standard hood that is in very nice shape. Also present is the fender tag and a clear Michigan title that jives with the 53,457 showing on the odometer! The radiator core support was cut out of it when whatever knucklehead pulled the engine and trans out, so there are no vin numbers left up front except the fender tag and the dash vin plate. The vin decal is still in place on the drivers door and although I didn't try to look for the vin on the rear of the vehicle the fact that the weather seal is still stuck firm tells me that there is little doubt that it's there. This car had factory air, tinted glass, power disc brakes up front and drums on the 3.23 s.g. which is still between the rear wheels. Lots of other goodies filled up the fender tag and even more on the build sheet. This car needs a full on restoration and for its own good probably should never have left California. I'm talking work on the rails all the way to the roof. BTW, the console doesn't even have a crack in it!
Asking $4,500 obo.
The car is located in the Detroit area but I'm open to sending this car anywhere you want at buyers expense and I can provide the name and number of a good transporter that looks a little like Jay Leno! Am I right Wannadrag?
More pics and info upon request but here are a few to get you going.

Attachments

• IMG_8041.JPG
    IMG_8041.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 2,091
  • IMG_8076.JPG
    IMG_8076.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 2,034
  • IMG_8067.JPG
    IMG_8067.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,032
  • IMG_8071.JPG
    IMG_8071.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 2,097
  • IMG_8047.JPG
    IMG_8047.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 2,020
  • IMG_8065.JPG
    IMG_8065.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,986
  • IMG_8053.JPG
    IMG_8053.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,982
  • IMG_8050.JPG
    IMG_8050.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,994
  • IMG_8049.JPG
    IMG_8049.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,998
  • IMG_8058.JPG
    IMG_8058.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 1,975
Last edited:
matt that looks like a heck of a good car for somebody.doesn't look like they would have to do a whole lot to make it a driver.Wish i had the means to get it. I did not see a price on it.

Hey Roadrunnerman, you were right, I neglected to put a price on it. Fixed it, thanks.
It's really not a candidate to make into a driver before a restoration. Very kool car!

should you decide to part that car out should it NOT sell. i am very interested in the black seat belts!....ALL OF THEM...thanx

Will you stop this madness. You keep teasing me with all these great projects. GLWS!

The car is located in the Detroit area but I'm open to sending this car anywhere you want at buyers expense and I can provide the name and number of a good transporter that looks a little like Jay Leno! Am I right Wannadrag?
More pics and info upon request but here are a few to get you going.

Yep except he is about a foot taller.I'm 6'2" and he made me look like a midget.lol
Another cool project you have there.

Thanks guys! You know at this particular moment I have not 1, not 2 but 3 `70 burnt orange cars and its very tempting but thankfully impossible, to do all 3 of them. Wouldn't that make for a nice photo shoot?
Yeah Jay, that dude is tall alright but Leno isn't short is he?
Prop, if I didn't like my "JUNKYARD DOG" avatar so much I might consider your suggestion and change it up.
Here is the original hood that goes with, IMO one of the best looking buldge hood designs of the era, mean looking! There is currently one on Ebay without the inserts for around $1,100 for whomever might by this car. It seems a bit pricey but these things are scarce.

Attachments

• IMG_7981.JPG
    IMG_7981.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 1,813
Here are a few pics of a copy of the build sheet, I have the original as well, just don't want to handle it too much.

Attachments

• IMG_8090.JPG
    IMG_8090.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,701
  • IMG_8091.JPG
    IMG_8091.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 1,702
  • IMG_8092.JPG
    IMG_8092.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 1,673
Damn it Matt,you did it again!!! While searching for a 70 R/T Net I came across my rusty Bee's and made a compromise but a Burnt Orange R/T makes me think I need to sell some of my MOPAR GOLD quick and jump all over this one? I've already got the mint hood that you sold me that would bolt right up. Why do you do this to people like me???
Looks like I'll have to dial direct and see if we can't work out some kinda deal?

You know how to get a hold of me! I might be able to ad a nice trunk lid and a solid pair of fenders! Act fast though, this one will end up on EBay shortly.

I'll be talking with my banker and see what she has to say? She is thee deciding factor sice I have to live with her!

Everyone knows,all you gotta do is rubb it once or twice and all of your dreams will come true?

I thought this car would be long gone by now Matt.? Did you see the last picture I posted under 70 PISTOL GRIP SHIFTER in the B Body mopar for sale forum? (don't drink and post) you'll#%@^ -up everytime, wrong forum It's a picture of what your car would look like finished(well almost finished) only in Go- Mango paint. This was a burnt orange interior car as well and it really is a stunning color for an interior!

Last edited:
Thanks Spauldo, I'll check it out. I have seen a few go mango over burnt orange and it does work, there's a T/A in that combo for sale locally and I want it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back