• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Driver door interior panel - hole for remote mirror

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:33 AM
Reaction score
Could someone please post me up a picture of the hole punch out in the upper door for the remote mirror control. Looks like someone has bored and ported mine somewhere back in time. I'd like to make the proper size/shaped hole in my new shell when it gets here next week, before I send it for body and paint.

THANKS!!

Could someone please post me up a picture of the hole punch out in the upper door for the remote mirror control. Looks like someone has bored and ported mine somewhere back in time. I'd like to make the proper size/shaped hole in my new shell when it gets here next week, before I send it for body and paint.

THANKS!!
This one ?
F5918444-F111-4500-B5BC-EDD7547B8274.jpeg

No interior hole.. for the control knob.

Someone that has a shell with it open to measure and get a great picture would be appreciated!

I would think 67-70 would be the same. I can send a picture of 67.
Thanks Ian !! I'm sure they're all the same, I just want to see the proper hole.. if it's keyed etc and the diameter of the hole would be swell. Someone has dicked with mine and it wasn't me the past 32 years... not that I remember anyhow! LOL

I will post a pic tomorrow morning if no one does it for you Wayne off of the 70 charger

Last edited:

THANKS!!
Usually if it's bored and ported it goes faster?

Hi hopefully i can add the picture. The hole is 13/4’s and a hair if you are old enough to know the saying. Perfectly round. If I can’t load the picture I can send it to you.

Hi hopefully i can add the picture. The hole is 13/4’s and a hair if you are old enough to know the saying. Perfectly round. If I can’t load the picture I can send it to you.
Thanks Ian.. I thought maybe it had flats to match the control body or a key tab... just a round hole eh....

...now what the hell is 13/4's? 1 3/4" ? seems big..

This is my 1970 Charger. I measured 1 1/32” diameter

31778398-7814-4156-B5B7-8065C9D7FA0F.jpeg

78CBF5E4-F870-470D-AAC0-56EB830D0031.jpeg

DBCCF2A0-46D0-40D6-B2EA-FC60182A57D1.jpeg

THANKS!!
Position the door panel on the door and mark it through the hole for the mirror control.

Say what? The mirror control is not in the door card....
Thanks Ian.. I thought maybe it had flats to match the control body or a key tab... just a round hole eh....

...now what the hell is 13/4's? 1 3/4" ? seems big..
WELL!!! Found out that your doors don’t have full cards. I measured the hole in the door frame of ours which is covered by the panel/card. It is in inches. I would think that the 68 GTX shell I have would be like yours, never looked at it.
Didn’t your old one have have the hole, or am I confused?

Auto Transport Service
Back