• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 GTX inside hood latch.

Mark Pifer

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1970 GTX. I'm looking to convert from a outside hood latch to a inside latch due to concerns of nefarious people opening my hood without any trouble. I know a old fashion chain and lock can slow them down but I would like to install a inside latch.

Has anyone done this already? What hood latch did you fined worked. I see were some of the guys on cbodies and ebodies have discussed it but not on bbodies. I didn't know if the 1971 or later satellite body with the inside hood latch could work on a 1970 satellite. Perhaps with some modification done.

Thank you for any insight on this.

Hi, I have a 1970 GTX. I'm looking to convert from a outside hood latch to a inside latch due to concerns of nefarious people opening my hood without any trouble. I know a old fashion chain and lock can slow them down but I would like to install a inside latch.

Has anyone done this already? What hood latch did you fined worked. I see were some of the guys on cbodies and ebodies have discussed it but not on bbodies. I didn't know if the 1971 or later satellite body with the inside hood latch could work on a 1970 satellite. Perhaps with some modification done.

Thank you for any insight on this.
I have a hood latch and underhood cable bought eons ago. I wanted to put in my 69 bird, but decided otherwise. I don't know if it would fit a 70 model, though. You would need a hole in the firewall to begin ang another one, with a grommet, in the radiator support, or go thru an existing hole.

I'm looking to convert from a outside hood latch to a inside latch due to concerns of nefarious people opening my hood without any trouble.
An internal hood release is not going to deter nefarious people for very long.

A good locked garage and alarm would be better for home storage....and staying by your car at shows will work. If those do not work, you might be parking the car in the wrong neighbourhood.

Auto Transport Service
Back