• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'70 Manual vs. '71 Auto Center Carbs?

PurpleBeeper

Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
I've been trying to work through a rich idle situation with my 440+6 and I'm thinking about swapping out the center carb. My car is a '70 4-speed car and I have '70 4-speed 440 carburetors on it.

I have another set of '71 automatic 440 carbs. What is the difference between a '70 4spd center carb and a '71 auto center carb?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Should work about the same, Ill buy all them extra 6 pack parts off ya, lol..

I've been trying to work through a rich idle situation with my 440+6 and I'm thinking about swapping out the center carb. My car is a '70 4-speed car and I have '70 4-speed 440 carburetors on it.

I have another set of '71 automatic 440 carbs. What is the difference between a '70 4spd center carb and a '71 auto center carb?

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

If you have a rich idle,you have to address the end carbs,they also have idle circuits.

If you have a rich idle,you have to address the end carbs,they also have idle circuits.

Thanks 62MAX. I've already been adjusting front/rear carbs and with the idle mixture screws turned all the way in (closed) on both the front and rear carb, the engine is still running rich.

Good call HerlitzGTX, but I've already changed that out twice :(

Auto Transport Service
Back