• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 reverse light wire color?

You'd have to check the wiring diagram for a '70 to confirm if they are the same, but on my 1967 Barracuda, the reverse light wires are violet. On the '67, there is a hot white wire that goes to bulkhead connector "H" slot, then a violet wire goes down to the manual transmission, through the switch on the transmission, back up to firewall bulkhead connector "F" slot, then back to the reverse lights.

Coincidently, the previous owner on my Barracuda deleted the backup lights for some reason, so I was just looking at the wiring diagram for mine last night to see what I have to do to get them reinstalled.

Why he deleted them, I have no idea, unless he couldn't find a set and decided to just cover over the holes when he did the body work. Yep,... holes are gone on my rear valance. You can see where they were from under the car and the wire connectors are still there.

violet on rear lighting harness... white traced black on underdash harness... black traced white at NSS harness...

the source for this from acc side of fusebox is... white on underdash harness... black on NSS harness

Auto Transport Service
Back