• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Roadrunner Fuse Box - Is it missing something?

RoadRunner1970

Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
This is my fuse box, can someone verify if it is missing something on the first slot and what?

IMG_2481.JPG

dose your car have a/c if not maybe that would be for the a/c fuse.

I know this one! That fuse holder is only used if you have a tic-tock-tach. That wire/clip wasn't included in my dash wiring I bought (year one?) years ago.
That is not correct at least for 69....it is for accessory..the link to my thread shows the blue tach wire to the 3rd left...this was a survivor car and that’s where it was placed from the factory ......the orange wire is part of the accessory circuit.......globe box light, map light etc

I am not near a service manual to check for 70 if it is different......

Does the 70 have an orange wire connected there?

That is not correct at least for 69....it is for accessory..the link to my thread shows the blue tach wire to the 3rd left...this was a survivor car and that’s where it was placed from the factory ......the orange wire is part of the accessory circuit.......globe box light, map light etc

see i told you he would know.

I have to check...I thought it was yellow, but I could be wrong. My '70 RR is an original tick-tock-tach car and I noticed this when I replaced my wiring. I only have first-hand information on my own '70.

I know this one! That fuse holder is only used if you have a tic-tock-tach. That wire/clip wasn't included in my dash wiring I bought (year one?) years ago.
close but no cigar lol. good answer not trying to be rude

I have to check...I thought it was yellow, but I could be wrong. My '70 RR is an original tick-tock-tach car and I noticed this when I replaced my wiring. I only have first-hand information on my own '70.
maybe the color has faded and it was orange but now looks yellow ?

Original unmolested car?.....I have seen wires moved throughout the years from previous owners meddling with things....

If yellow I would think that’s the door buzzers. So your blue wire is connected on that clip?

70 could be different but I am going by on what I have seen personally. For a fact 68/69 the tach was connected as my survivor....

I found this yellow wire floating loose.....has a connector on it ? This is a 70 V code car...........can I ask where are the flashers up in the dash? I think I need a new one, one of my hood mounted turn signals isn't flashing properly? Someone said it wasn't grounded properly?

IMG_2486.JPG

no wire there, this is the back of the box

View attachment 821380
This picture is much more helpful and thanks for posting...

The one missing is a red wire attached fuse holder end and the clip that is there has a black wire with female clip.

Of the top of my head I can’t recall what it is for but I can check this evening.....

This picture is much more helpful and thanks for posting...

The one missing is a red wire attached fuse holder end and the clip that is there has a black wire with female clip.

Of the top of my head I can’t recall what it is for but I can check this evening.....
Please check for me, do you know what the yellow wire is for? thanks Brian

I found this yellow wire floating loose.....has a connector on it ? This is a 70 V code car...........can I ask where are the flashers up in the dash? I think I need a new one, one of my hood mounted turn signals isn't flashing properly? Someone said it wasn't grounded properly?

View attachment 821383
That is for the door buzzers....

One flasher is in the bottom of the dash to the right of the steering column by the ashtray...

The other is to the left of the column on the bottom of the dash......on the underside of the dash frame in those areas look for two holes with a bend metal tab......above that are the flashers...

careful that yellow wire might be a ground so check before doing thing with it.

That is for the door buzzers....

One flasher is in the bottom of the dash to the right of the steering column by the ashtray...

The other is to the left of the column on the bottom of the dash......on the underside of the dash frame in those areas look for two holes with a bend metal tab......above that are the flashers...
thanks where does the yellow wire attach or plug into?

Auto Transport Service
Back