• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70' Roadrunner Seat Frames

Mateya

Local time
2:00 PM
Reaction score
Are there any restoration companies that sell seat frames? I was specifically looking for either 70 roadrunner front bucket or bench frames. I can find the foam and upholstery but can't seem to find the actual frames anywhere.

I do have the rear seat frame but do not have front seats at all.

Hopefully somebody has an idea of where I can head.

Thanks,

Drew

When I sold my 70 Roadrunner's bench seat the buyer informed me that the 70 Roadrunner floor pan is a one off unique layout and no other bench seat frame fits.
My bucket seats that replaced the bench seat are "universal" and I had a local shop install them. I bought the generic installation kit for them, and the shop didn't have any problems with the install.

When I sold my 70 Roadrunner's bench seat the buyer informed me that the 70 Roadrunner floor pan is a one off unique layout and no other bench seat frame fits.
My bucket seats that replaced the bench seat are "universal" and I had a local shop install them. I bought the generic installation kit for them, and the shop didn't have any problems with the install.
Sorry not correct.
70 floor pan is the same 66-70. The bench seat tracks are the same for 68-70. 70 bucket seat tracks are the one year only thing. 70 had a new bucket seat that is different than the 68-69 seats. Floors didn't change.

OP, no one makes the 70-early 71 bucket seat frames.
The frames are the same for A, B and E bodies. Foams, covers and tracks are different between the bodies.
The backs are the same.

so i need a set of pass. side bucket tracks for my 70 rr will any other ones work charger ,satt., ?

so i need a set of pass. side bucket tracks for my 70 rr will any other ones work charger ,satt., ?

bucket tracks are for 70 model year b body cars only w/ buckets
its one year only part
I thought I saw someone making those tracks? Vans? they weren't cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 70 and early 71 B and E body seat frames are the same. The 70 B body bucket seat tracks are specific to the B body only. I just broke down a 70 GTX bucket seat,and the seat pattern is way more complex than the other B or E body seat covers. They have several curved wires to attach to the seat frames than other 70/71 B or E body seats do. I think the 70 Road Runner seats are the same pattern design.

Sorry not correct.
70 floor pan is the same 66-70. The bench seat tracks are the same for 68-70. 70 bucket seat tracks are the one year only thing. 70 had a new bucket seat that is different than the 68-69 seats. Floors didn't change.
I appreciate the reply, and I can only go off of what others, including the buyer of my complete bench seat assembly, brackets included said: that the bench seat mounting/frame/brackets (how it interacts with the floorpan) is unique to the 70 Satellite/Roadrunner.
So now it seems like the consensus is that 68-70 is the same for bench seats, but 70 bucket seat tracks are unique.
Have you first hand experience with the 68-70 bench seat being installed or interchanged where a year other than the 70 went into a 70? or is it a drawing/diagram? Factory part number or chassis service manual? Seen the different year tracks or seat base frames side by side?
I don't doubt you, I'm only asking how you know, so maybe I can use the same method to learn this as you did.

I can verify first hand
Own 2 69 1 70 2 71 b bodies now
And many others in past
Could lay out and take pics of parts if you need and the floor pans themselves
68 thru 70 all same pan
I need a set of 70 bucket tracks
Myself

The 70 B body bucket tracks are re-produced buy a Canadian company called PG Classics. I don't know how good they are and they are expensive.

I remember seeing the reproduction 70 b body seat tracks. They were like $250.00 for each seat. My guess is that they will probably discontinue them when they find out how limited the market is for them. If you need a set,I wouldn't wait to order them.

This probably doesn't really prove anything but here is a 68 bench seat track in the correct holes of a 70 pan.

20191217_095614.jpg

So then maybe it’s will
Help me. I need bench seat brackets for a 70 Roadrunner. And not one catalog has them listed. So the 68-69 ones will
Fit my 70 no problem??

I have some from a 68 Coronet 4-door which are a little taller than the 2-door ones. Great for short people.:D
PM me if interested.

20191205_135731.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back