• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR back seat removal

Hold down on the cushion while pushing to the rear of car on lower edge of the cushion to unhook from the floor. The back has folded over straps or screws (2) that must be unfastened and then a push upward on the seat back will unhook it from the rear mounts.
Mike

Yep, like 493 Mike says. The bottom half of seat has two metal loops on the bottom (front part of seat, either side) which slip into "hooks" on the floorboard. On the two front corners of the bottom of the rear seat, you push down/back about 1" and the front of the seat will un-hook, lift up & the seat bottom will come out. Then, remove the screws at the bottom of the seat back as noted above.

I was able to get the passenger side out, but the drivers side is still stuck. When I push down and back, the seat shifts about an inch, but will not come unhooked. Are their any other tricks?

I had to remove my front seats and kick the seat bottom with both legs hard.

I've even used a 2x4 wrapped in a towel, heavy hammer, hold it at the bottom, knees on the front edge of the seat and drive it back. They can be tough to get loose on some.

Here's a pic of the "indents" that keep the seat in: You can see the two tabs just behind the "Hump". Push down and back!
20130914_151631.jpg

I'm sure you have it by now, but as Bill said, the easiest way and less time consuming way is to take front seats out and sit on front floor wedging feet at the bottom of the bench a lil push and its done. I'm 6/4 and have gotten them out easy without taking the seats out also but then again another car with give you the blues getting them unhooked.

I was able to get the passenger side out, but the drivers side is still stuck. When I push down and back, the seat shifts about an inch, but will not come unhooked. Are their any other tricks?
Mainly just visualize how the hook works, be patient & use a little more force if necessary. It's not a complicated hook....visualize grass-hopper.... you will get it.

Auto Transport Service
Back