• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 RR Jack set up

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Does anybody know exactly where this felt pad goes for the jack assembly?
https://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/mopar-62-76-jack-bracket-felt/

If anybody has a picture of how the jack is positioned in the trunk for my '70 RR, I would greatly appreciate it. In particular, the shape of the spare tire hold down bolt. I have two, one is bent and one is straight. Just curious which one fits.

I bought my car mostly dismantled and trying to figure this piece of the puzzle out.

Thanks.

I've seen the felt pad for 66-67 b bodies, but not 68-70 Plymouths. Here's my 70 GTX...

20210121_130532.jpg

I saved this from the innerweb some years ago....foam around ends of jack mast, and the soft pad 'could' be wrapped arounf the mast where it is secured underneath the strap.

upload_2021-1-22_9-44-52.png

An anti-rattle measure - not strictly factory, but a common sense addition for comfort. :thumbsup:

Yeah, thanks for the great pictures. I have the later hollow tube zinc plated post. So the bumper hook goes on top of the jack base that are both on top of the wheel? I forgot about the lug wrench. That just is squeezed under tire? In regards to the felt, thanks for the input.

Auto Transport Service
Back