• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Satellite handles great after upgrades

burntorng70

Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
I just finished up installing a Hellwig hollow swaybar, didn't have one before. Also installed Bilstein shocks and went from power drum brakes to manual disks. Used the MBM A-body spindle/rotor kit with Dr Diff aluminum 15/16 master. Dramatic change in the way the car drives! Waaay more fun on a curvy road, which is every road around here.

I did the manual front discs on my '67 w 15/16 master cylinder. Easy brake pedal n stops on a dime.

I don't want to to scare you but I have seen 3 of those hollow sway bars break so I wouldn't push it too hard. It wasn't on a Mopar, though. One was on a Camaro, (front), another on a T-Bird,(rear) and I don't remember what the other was on. Someone made a point about strength vs/ saving weight! Please post up some pictures if you can. Best of luck with it. :)

By the way, I don't know what brand the broken bars were. May not have been a Hellwig at all?!?

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210919-214155_Gmail.jpg
What master cylinder did you use make/model/year
I used the kit from Dr Diff. Used the 15/16 master cylinder for my yr, '67. But here is a reply from him on a stock replacement

Last edited:
I don't want to to scare you but I have seen 3 of those hollow sway bars break so I wouldn't push it too hard. It wasn't on a Mopar, though. One was on a Camaro, (front), another on a T-Bird,(rear) and I don't remember what the other was on. Someone made a point about strength vs/ saving weight! Please post up some pictures if you can. Best of luck with it. :)

By the way, I don't know what brand the broken bars were. May not have been a Hellwig at all?!?
Then why did u post this? R u fear mongering? Kim

Then why did u post this? R u fear mongering? Kim
Maybe, LOL! Actually, this could be said about dern near anything these days. Most all is imported products or made from imported crap. That said, I ain't worth a dam either and I will eventually fail. Just humor me and bring me another beer and I'll be fine.
:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back