• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 Six Pack Roadrunner air cleaner decal

rftroy

Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
New member, first question.

I have had my 70 Six Pack Roadrunner since May of 1975.
When I got the car it had the '69 Coyote Duster decal, as shown in attachment, on the air cleaner lid. ( This attachment shows a Hemi car. I got the picture from nicksgarage.com)
The lid is a standard Six Pack lid, not the 69 A12 lid with the extra lip, so it wasn't just taken off a 69 car.
So, either it came that way from the factory, or someone removed the original decal and put on the 69 decal.

Has anyone ever seen this decal on a 1970 Six Pack Roadrunner?
If someone has evidence of another Roadrunner that came with this decal, I will use it.
If it seems I am the only person in the world with this decal on a 70, I'll have to assume that it was a day 2 change and use the checkered flag decal.

Robert

69 Six Pack air cleaner decal.JPG

I’ve never heard of one from the factory on a 6bbl. I’d say it was added to your car. It is a great design on that decal, it looks cool.
That decal doesn’t fit a 6bbl lid either, it goes into the depression for the front wing nut. They air cleaner studs are spaced further apart than the lid shown.

Last edited:
No, it's not stock. But, neither was a 440 6 Pack in a 68 Road Runner.
I like the way both decals look so this is what I'm going with...not sure if you're trying to do a "numbers matching" resto, but it can be done!
Had to trim the bottom of the decal around the smoke to make it work.

IMG_8273.jpg

I can't say for sure that the Coyote Duster decal came on a 70 six pack car, but the air cleaner that came with 70 six pack car I did came with the same decal. I replaced it and never thought anything else about it. The current owner has never been deducted in any show for it. Not that the South East is broke out with knowledgeable judges. He now has his car at a shop that is "supposedly" doing some detailing to bring the car to the next level. I was told that they were adding correct paint marks on the undercarriage and engine bay, etc. It left me with none of that. I prefer a clean look without distractions. His car now, no problems from me.

It's possible have a 6 "BARREL" (not PACK, that's Dodge) air cleaner without any decal on it. I did.

They sold air cleaners and lids over the counter that didn’t have any decals at all.

Actually the air cleaner I had, had 3 decals on it. The Coyote Duster decal could have been added at some point in time.
20190208_191545.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back