• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 steering shaft length

Stucat

Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Working on my 70 Bird auto power steering column. Looks like its been messed with. Was wondering if someone knows the measurement from the end of the steering shaft to where it slips into the 2nd shaft . My shaft seams to short, thanks

Did this ever get resolved? My 70 steering column is also 1/2 too short! Trying to figure it out!

Yes, the bottom half of my steering shaft had slipped up inside the top half. the pin , plastic? was missing, pulled the shaft to the correct length and put another pin in

Yes, the bottom half of my steering shaft had slipped up inside the top half. the pin , plastic? was missing, pulled the shaft to the correct length and put another pin in
Good to know thanks. I just elongated mine yesterday but after getting it in I need more length to line up the 4 support holes. I am not planing on putting any “pins” back as most folks say it’s not necessary. The manual says otherwise but conceptually the assembly shouldn’t go anywhere. At least that’s what most here are say and seems right to me.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back