• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

70 years married.

Imperial One

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:17 PM
Reaction score
On Valentines Day my parents had been married for 70 years. They are 92 and 93 years old now.

For me to make it to that anniversary I'd have to make it to 103 (so I am not counting on it). Here's a couple photos, the before and after.

DOC020723.jpg

20230212_195226.jpg

Here they are in 1950. Mom was 20 then.

I think dad said the car was a '48 Plymouth (even a Mopar guy back then).

(Edit: popular consensus is that this is a '39 Plymouth)

mom and dad in 1950.jpg

Last edited:
Cherish then while they are here. We where preparing for 50. The wife was 16 and I nineteen. Sad to say we will not make it.

Congrats, be thankful you still have them both.

Wife and I will celebrate our 30th this year.
Planning a trip to celebrate in Hawaii ( never been before )

What a great day! Everyone in this story is incredibly lucky and here's to many more years! Congrats!!

Congratulations to your parents for being married for 70 years. That is quite a milestone. I have to say, your mom was quite a "Hottie" when she got married. My wife and I will be celebrating 52 years this summer. Just 18 more to go! I would be 93, and my wife 92. Doable; just look both ways before crossing the street in our walkers!

Pretty cool!! Does being married for 35+ years to two different women count for anything?? Naw.....and I think the Plymouth is a 38.

I know it is a '39 Plymouth. That is what is in my own parent's wedding pictures also.

What a milestone! I have known only one couple in my circle who made it that far, friends of my family from early on, who made it 72 years, Blossum passed at 92, Gil at 99. Wonderful people, sometimes the good don't die young. You have been blessed to have them so long.

Auto Transport Service
Back