• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-4 B Body (Charger) Hood Hinges

JG71B

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Curious as to if these are compatible. My 71 hinges are toast.... I have a nice set off a 73-up that appear slightly different but I believe will work. Any truth to this? Difference seems to only be the part that holds from and back part of the unit together in the middle is slightly shorter. Dimensionally they appear the same and bolt pattern is identicle. Thanks for any help.
hood hinges.jpg

I believe they will. Not much difference unless you are looking to be matching #s. I believe the later had a bit more adjustment available.
I need a good 73 for the driver side my self.

all interchangeable... some are "slider" kind ( earliers ) and some others are with teethed assembly ( laters ) but they are diff on inners, not on exterior or any other dimension

Last edited:
I believe they will. Not much difference unless you are looking to be matching #s. I believe the later had a bit more adjustment available.
I need a good 73 for the driver side my self.

I got a pair Bob from a '73 B Body. The springs are detached but I have them. They came that way when I bought the parts car. I could bring them to Carlisle to save on shipping cost. Just an FYI this is VegasCharger (Bryan) from DC.com. Is there a method to putting the springs back on? Or maybe best to leave them off to make for better sandblasting?

To the OP: sorry for the hiJack. I agree with ODZKing & Nacho that 71-74 B Body hood hinges can co-exist.

Auto Transport Service
Back